confession

it was a rainy day, but the rain was quite comforting for silver spoon who was sitting in the calm down cabana reading a book. flipping the pages he chuckled. “hmm.. this certainly is a good read,” he said this quietly to himself.
“what are you reading?” said a familiar voice- far too familiar.. it was.. candle?!
“CANDLE!- oh.. don’t scare me like that, dear..” he said, closing his book as he scoffed. he didn’t admit this but, having candle there felt comforting. he enjoyed having her beside him far better than reading his book..
“scare you?” candle giggled softly “i didn’t know a ‘royal king’ like you could get scared.. my, my, aren’t you supposed to be all mighty?” she said teasing him with a smug grin.
“oh, shut up.” he rolled his eyes, “what is it you want from me anyway?” , said silver.
“i just wanted to see what you were doing.. and i happened to see you sitting here reading- oh, what are you reading, anyway?” candle said calmly
“what am i reading?!- nothing!” he said blushing and hiding the book behind him.
“silver.. what are you hiding?” she said snatching the book from behind him
(it was a romance book)
“a romance book..? hmm?” candle said teasing him
silver took the book back, his cheeks turned pink for a second.
“i- no one must know about this! you, my dear, have not seen anything!” silver exclaimed nervously
“mhmmm sure..” candle said in a sarcastic tone, “why is it you are reading this, anyway? is it because you’re lonely perhaps..?” she said joking as she nudged silvers shoulder gently.
silver blushed and immediately responded out of pure impulse. “WHAT- NO! I HAVE.. NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! i’m only reading this… to.. uh.. make fun of it! yes! what a..” silver paused for a quick second, “.. bad book” he struggled saying this. his act didn’t fool candle. speaking of candle, she laughed at his remark. “sure.” candle said sarcastically. silver scoffed in return.
“is there any other reason you came her other then to pester me?” silver crossed his arms and rolled his eyes saying this.
“oh- yeah, thats right..  thanks for reminding me..” candle said as she was pulling out a small bag from her purse, “here, i wanted to give you this.” candle said sweetly with a grin.
“a gift?! for me.. why.. i appreciate it, dear..” he said, opening the bag to see that it was a beautiful rose-quartz necklace.
silvers eyes sparkled as he put it on immediately. he lifted up the intricate necklace with his left hand as he examined it thoroughly.
“this is beautiful, candle..”
candle chuckled as she saw silvers reaction. “im glad you like it,” candle paused for a second, “when i saw it.. it reminded me of you, so of course i had to buy it!”

(she was thinking about.. me..?) silver thought to himself as he felt his face getting red.
“silver.. are you feeling alright..? your face is all red..” candle said with a concerned voice as she placed a hand on his cheek.
silvers eyes averted when he realized candles closeness. his face turned redder by the second.
“no- i mean yes.. im fine! completely fine..” he said nervously, hoping she wouldn’t ask further questions. he was fidgeting frantically, averting his eyes from candles gaze. every time he looked at her he felt chills go down his spine, she was so beautiful.. sent from heaven even.

candle looked at silvers nervousness and smiled warmly as she patted his back softly.
“you certainly don’t seem fine, silver..”
she said this while lifting his chin up. his face got hot as he stared at candles loving gaze.
“its fine! why are you pestering me anyway?!-“ silver said, swatting candles hand away.

“because something’s obviously bothering you.. your face keeps getting all red.”

silver stopped and stared at her for a second pondering if he should confess how he truly felt for her.

“candle it’s because-“ silver paused mid sentence as he stared into candles eyes. “I-ITS BECAUSE I LIKE YOU OKAY?!”

candles eyes lit up from shock but also a sense of admiration.

“you like me?…”