her loving gaze.

SILVER SPOON POV .

"You like me..?"

Candle had asked me after I confessed to her.

I was now sitting next to Candle wide eyed and my face completely red. I put my hand over my mouth and averted my eyes away from Candle's glance.

"No- no! It's okay, dear- Candle! I'm sorry.. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything.."

I quickly said.

Candle stared at me with a soft smile. She placed her hand on my head and turned me over to look at her. She moved the hair out of my face.

"Silver.."

She said in her per-usual soothing voice. Oh, how I love that voice of hers.. Every time I hear her speak I just.. admire her even more.

I looked at Candle with an embarrassed look as she was holding my chin in the palm of her hands.

She sighed,

"I love you."

I suddenly felt my face getting warm. I chuckled awkwardly

"You.. you love me? No. Why???" I said quickly in response. Why me? Why someone as useless as me? Someone who's an arrogant asshole??

Candle looked at me with a shocked yet relatively calm expression.

"Why do I love you? What kind of question is that..?" she asked softly.

It sent cold chills down my spine, in a good way, of course.

I dropped the arrogance and sighed as I looked away from her. "Well- to start it off, I'm not well liked by any of the other contestants except.." I paused to think for a moment. I was going to say Candle, but, does she truly love me? Or is she just pitying me? I ended up not continuing that last part.

"and they only pay attention to me when I use my new found inner flame.. That's all that like about me! When I'm just being myself they all stare and whisper mean things about me behind my back. and-"

I stopped myself and put my head flat on my knees using my arms as a cushion AND a cover to hide me being weak. Me crying.

I started tearing up.

I felt.. a warm hand rubbing my back suddenly. It was Candle's.

I quickly jolted my head up to look at her with my red from tears face. I immediately hid my face again from embarrassment. I was still crying.

Candle giggled softly

"Silver..? It doesn't matter what the others think," Candle lifted my head up and wiped my tears. "all that matters is the people who care. and so what if it's just one person? You still have at least one person supporting and loving you."

"Yeah, as if." I responded grimly

"I care." Candle said to me. before I could say anything, she pulled me into a tight hug and rubbed my head gently.

"Remember that. I will always be here for you.."

Damn it. I started tearing up again. I hugged her tightly in response with my head laying on her chest. She was still caressing my hair to comfort me.

I love her. I love her so much.