Chapter 18: Coincidence

Mateo "Steven" Hudson|27

It's currently one week until Christmas and that means no work until the new year

It's currently one week until Christmas and that means no work until the new year. Perks of being your own boss you can decide how long holiday last for employees and yourself.

"Mr. Hudson don't you think this tree is too big?" Lindsay questioned looking up at the perfectly decorated tree.

"I do,but a Tay pick it out and who am I to tell him no?" I shrugged looking at it.

"Speaking of Tay,where is he?"

"He's with his grandmother for the weekend, so when he's back I'll just surprise him with this spectacle." I said using my hand to exaggerate my point.

"He will love it." She beamed looking at me.

Looking at her being all excited made me excited too,but I couldn't help but feel like I'm keeping her away from her family by being here. I mean yes I'm new to the whole single parent thing, but Tay and I have been living good together for a couple weeks and I don't think being without Lindsey is going to be that hard.

Would it?

"I have something for you." I said walking up to the tree and retrieving a large box wrapped in pink gift wrapping.

"Here you go." I said handing her the gift.

"Wow all this for me?" She questioned smiling.

"Yh." I hummed.

I bought her a car. Since she's the one who picks up Tay from school sometimes, I figured that it's full time she gets one of her own,usually she drives one of mine but I hate it so I went ahead and got her one for herself.

As she took the box from my hand,I watched her as she removed one layer of box from the other.

The car key is in the box,but that would have looked too small of a gift so I had the gift wrapping people put it in  multiple boxes just for some mystery.

"There are a lot of boxes to open." She sighed joking, but I could sense the frustration in her voice.

As I took a seat,I watched on as she struggled to open the boxes.

Vroom vroom! My phone vibrated on the counter. Moving my gaze away from Lindsay I took it up to see who it was.

Jason

"Wah gwan mad dawg?" I questioned as I answered the phone.

"Deh yah inno mi gee,how life?"

"Life a life inno,it ago ruff but we have to make the best of it. So wah gwan?" I questioned.

"True true glad fi hear seh everything good, but let me get to the point. Mi a keep a likkle house warming party  tonight and mi a wonder if yuh wah show yuh face?"