Free ride at the cost of a free ride which cost a free ride

Tw: minors on drugs, addiction (but thats the whole plot ngl)

"Sooo- whats up with him" phil whispered, gesturing to me in the back seat. I guess the question was asked to quackity because he answered swiftly. "I dunno!" He lied unconvincingly as he twiddled his thumbs in the front seat beside Phil.

"Mhn okay" the man mumbled. Phil was a great guy thankfully hes no narc when it comes to illegal drugs, but he will aggressively try to fix your mental health problems. Wilbur and Techno complain about him doting too much. Honestly im jealous, at least hes not a nazi who beats the life out of you or fucking tries to touch children.

"So were are we going?" Phil asked chipperly.

"The preschool I think" Alex replied. They seemed to be pretending I'm not here but honestly i don't mind. I don't really want to be here.

"Aleeexxx" i groaned surprising the two.

"Yes Cariño?" He doted, turning around to look into my pained eyes.

"I muve youu" I grumbled reaching out grabby hands to him.

-----Alex Quackity POV-----------------

"I muve youu" Johnathan rasped to me as i looked back at him, he reached out deliriously. His hands were trembling so hard that they sent tremors down to his elbow. I looked into his contracted brown eyes.

"Mm I love you too buddy" i replied feeling sick. I hate seeing him like this he might aswell be trying to kill himself with the amount of drugs he takes. "Phil" i whispered "I need to talk to you about schlatt"

"Mhn, shoot" the man replied attentively.

"So you know his parents aren't the best. Recently he ran away from home with tubbo to protect him and hes paying for them to stay at this shitty motel with his minimum wage job. It's just way too much stress for a fourteen year old boy to be taking care of a four year old and paying the rent every month. I'm afraid he's gonna kill himself Phil." I whispered, looking in the back seat to see a sleeping schlatt.

"Fuck, mate.." Phil mumbled putting a hand over his mouth "how has he been able to stay in school with all that going on?" He inquired wearily.

".... he dropped out" i said a bit too loud, hearing the sleeping boy stir slightly in the back seat.

"Ah" Phil gasped at a loss for words. "Were here" he announced in a saddened mumble, unlocking the doors. Phil and me hopped out of the car walking inside of the overly colorful happy building.

"Excuse me were here to pick up Tubbo Schlatt?" Phil announced getting the Teachers attention.

"Oh hello!" Mr. Bad chirped. He seemed to always be talking in the tone you would address a cute dog or baby with. "I'm sorry but we have a strict policy about strangers picking up any of the kids, and you aree?"

"Oh I'm Phil this is Alex, I'm so sorry i should've figured. We're here in Johnathons place" Phil tried to explain

"Alright! I'm gonna need some proof of guardianship or that you actually know J. Schlatt" Bad announced happily.

"Well uhh he's in the car we could.... go get him?" Quackity squeaked looking over to Phil for confirmation. He didn't look too keen on a preschool attendant seeing shclatt going through valium withdrawal while probably on multiple other drugs.

"Yeah" Phil replied, smiling weakly. We said our respective goodbyes and 'be right backs' to mr. Bad before running off again.

"Schlatt~" Phil sang opening the back door of the car. The younger man was laying across the seat trembling lightly and staring off at nothing"we need you to come with us to pick him up mate" Phil whispered.

"Mm yeah" shclatt responded after a questionably long pause. He slowly got up and followed us like a lost puppy.

-----Schlatt POV----------------

I followed Phil and Alex into the preschool. Suddenly it hit me. Mr. Bad was gonna see me like this. I shoved my hands into my pockets to hopefully stop the tremors.

"Hiiii! Welcome back mr. Phil" Bad said as we approached his classroom. "Hey schlatt how've you been?" He asked me moving in closer. Shit. We usually talk every time I pick up Tubbo.

"Uhh I've been better.. I'm actually- I've been feeling kinda sick I think i might be catching a cold" i chuckled, taking two big steps back.

"Aw I'm sorry i hope you feel better soon" bad responded looking at me with a pout. "Tubbo schlatt's here!" He yelled into the room.

"Sclattt!" Tubbo screamed, running up to my leg and latching onto it.

"Hi bee boy" i mumbled putting my all into sounding happy."look Quackity and phil are here, remember Phil?" I asked.

"Uhhh old guy!" Tubbo said pointing at Phil.

"Yes old guy!" He chuckled.

"Yous sic' agaim?" Tubbo asked innocently, looking at my shaky hands. I nodded guilty. "You wew doin good doe..." he mumbled into my thigh hiding his face.

"I'm sorry" i choked holding back tears.

"Is otay!" Tubbo squeaked grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door.

Word count:858

Short chapter bc my ex gf just sent me her suicide note and i cant write rn im freaking out i literally threw up twice and im trying not to have a panic attack

Update: she's fine for now turns out she just wanted to see my reaction bc shes a sicko :(