The Nerve

Sincere's POV:

My friends and I have always been close. Our parents couldn't keep us apart no matter how hard they tried especially Paris's parents. Since we got into middle school. Her parents tried to push her gain more friends that were girls.

       But what they didn't know was that she already had many friends. We were her best friends so she just hung with us more. She hated that her parents wanted to break us apart.

       Javan was pretty mad about it too . He didn't understand that her parents were trynna protect her. Me on the other hand I didn't want to make it a big deal. The more we pushed the situation the more her parents take her away.

I honestly think if she wasn't around we wouldn't be friends. Javon and I always seem to bump heads behind her back. He had an huge crush on Paris. She was pretty, probably one the most prettiest girl in the school but I had my mind focused on school,work, and basketball.

We went through highschool easily until senior year. It was when Javon knocked on my door on a Sunday. As I opened my door the first thing that comes out his mouth is  "I'm going to ask her out! I just need some help."  He says anxiously

"Why now, she's going through it right now?" I said worried.

"I think she needs a good distraction."

"You sure? She's been real busy with trying to get a scholarship to HTU. That's still the plan for us right?"

" Of course I just love her I can't stand waiting any longer! Since I was in second grade I knew she was special." He deeply pleaded.

" Then just do it. Don't do it on game day, so she won't be distracted." I say tiredly.

He then walks away from the door slightly and looks at the street. I wanted to laugh at how dramatic he was. Paris is good a person even if she says no she would still be his friend as long as doesn't make it weird.

      " Alright man! Thanks for listening I'll see you tomorrow." He says walking away. I was glad he left, it was late so I was tired from practicing. I take basketball pretty serious. If I wasn't aiming to build a business from scratch I would play for the NBA.

For some strange reason I couldn't stop thinking about Paris that night. I never really thought of her as much as I did that night but it couldn't help it. It slightly bothered me how he could just ask her out this late of our life's. I just know that night was the hardest to ever go to sleep

( 2 years later)

" Aye!! You going to that frat party!" says a girl I barely talk to.

" No I don't think so, I'm meeting some friends instead." I say

It's been two years since highschool. Luckily us 3 are still good friends and go to the same college. It was an hard goal but it's complete.Sort of just got to stay on top of grades. Coming to HTU was the best thing for me. How the others feel I don't know.

      I start head to Javons townhouse. He and his roommate Brandon met early freshman year. I don't like him at all. He's loud and what every movie would say he is a stereotypical jock. If I didn't need this scholarship I'd knock him out in second.

They're townhouse is beautiful though. A 2 bedroom with a yard. Javon moved out the dorm rooms because he couldn't stand having to live with rules. He wanted to be free and a college dorm wasn't made for him.

As I get closer to his house I see a blonde woman walking out of their house. The first thought was that she was there for Brandon. But I couldn't be more wrong, as I get closer is Javon leans out the door and kiss her.

        Too shocked to walk towards him I hide behind the closes car. I see them causally chatting as if Javon doesn't have a girl friend. I want to text Paris so bad but I keep my mind straight and wait for them to stop talking. It took 3 minutes for their conversation to end.

         I wait another 3-4 minutes before walking up to his front door. When I arrive to the door it takes me a while before I could knock. Paris was my best friend, we've all known each other since elementary. How could he do that to her. I don't know if I could tell her or keep it a secret.

         For me to finally knock on the door I had to get it together. Just after I knock I hear lots of noise and someone running down the stairs. Javon comes to the door and yells " WHO IS IT!" Loudly

" Aye man just open the door! Stop inviting people over and forgetting!" I say jokingly trying my hardest to play it off. As he opens the door.

" Shit what took so long I thought you wasn't gone come."

" Some girl was talking to me so I got a busy."

" Was she fine? If so we can double date, Paris and I, You and the girl you met." He says excitedly as we walk to the front room.

I'm in complete disgust he thinks I don't know he's cheating. " Nawl I'm good dating ain't for me I hate to be cheated on or worse." I say coldly

" Why you so negative about something you never tried? Look at me a Paris neither of us have ever cheated on each other. So why you think that?"

" Y'all different you've known each other since a shorty. Ain't nobody around here doing all that for real, or at least taking it seriously."

" It's a part of life, you gone have to find out on your own one day." He says sternly.

       We just sat on the couch chatting it up when his roommate walks-in. He looks at me like I'm dirt. He knows I don't like him. Ever since I caught him with some girl. She didn't want to go on the date with him anymore. He wouldn't let her arm go and she was telling him to leave her alone. I had to intervene luckily he knew better and let go.Since than he hasn't talked to me, which is in my favor.

"Yo, we gotta go! Brandon calls out.

" For what? Sincere just got here like 3 minutes ago."  Javon whines

" Coach called for an emergency meeting. We gotta be there A.S.A.P."

" Alright man, you gone stay here and wait  or leave?" He asks me

"I'm tired anyway so I better get going." I say like I'm exhausted.

"Cool I'll see you tomorrow with Paris then." Javon says as he getting up

        I walk towards the door quickly. The first thing that comes to mind is that he cheated. Javon had the nerve to be cool about it. I just hope he didn't see me. How causal he was I doubt he did see me I want to tell her so bad. What's stoping me is I don't have proof . Once I do she'll be the first to see. I just hope that she still wants to be my friend.

—————————————————————————

I hope you guys like the first chapter! This will be my first novel. So please give me your honest feedback as long that it's respectful. This will be updated weekly.
                      -Ty