The devil in disguise

The window was open by the moment she stood and stared at the cars down there in the flat. There were hundreds of pieces of her heart falling again for the hundredth time. She felt completely shattered while her friends were looking to her mobile and the social media to make sure about the rumours. She felt somehow questioned about all of the agreements she had when she accepted or said yes.

—I'm quite sure he's on the app, this ain't fake. Look at that —said Maika. She gave the mobile to An and showed the picture of a screenshotted dating application with the match of her ex-boyfriend and her friend Niela.

—Why would she send this? She might as well make sure this is real... I'm scrolling his Instagram. What's his name? —said An.

—What for —Val asked turning back to her friends. The idea was making her feel uncomfortable. She was feeling like having more news about that could completely destroy her. She was aware that it was something she would never expect from a man she would love, and it was confirmed by the fact that the feeling could completely freeze her.

—I mean he knows what you think and feel about this kind of stuff... he's dishonest by asking for exclusivity and going on dating apps. I don't think his dick is that big to be looking where to put it. Poor one.

—... He's public, Val.

—I have been waiting three hours for his reply to my message and now you're telling me he's gone public?

—Take a look —Val took An's mobile and stared at the screen while he entered her ex's profile. —What does he follow? I bet only girls and porn. That's so typical —Val looked into her exes' profile and saw exactly what she didn't want to see. She was confused and insecure by that time of the situation.

—Does he know them? Doesn't look like it.

—Fuck —she said. Her mind started running like a disc but faster than speed of light. She entered her chat with the guy and started writing actively. She knew she would not approach the situation properly, but her heart was running fast and bumping stronger than ever —who are they... they're not friends. I hate it! I hate it when he does this. How can he be this...

—Dickhead?

—Yeah! Why would he do this?

—Hey, calm down, Val. This is not worth your time.

—I spent three hours looking to his chat expecting him to reply to find out he follows random stupid girls and that he's active?!... he just didn't want to talk to me! How did he meet them? Is he still following girls from the bar? Doesn't he learn the fucking lesson? Where did he meet them? How could he ever ask for exclusivity while he's being this dishonest with me following stupid girls for the sake of God.

—what's he saying? —asked Maika.

—Tik Tok —Val blocked her telephone and sat back in the living room.

—This looks like the end of the world just because he followed girls from tik tok.

—Funny thing I sent the screenshots and he said he does not know who they are and there's nothing wrong following them.

—Oh, come on. That's disgusting. I mean he follows girls from tik Tok? Let me see —Maika took Val's mobile and started searching the names of the girls on tik Tok.

—I don't want to know

—Well... I found one. Look.

—You must be kidding me... so all this time he's been lying to me. He told me he was not into this but, he is. Why would he do this? Why can't he stop following this content. It really messes me up. Isn't it fair for me to expect him respect this limit? It really pushes me away; he can't be too basic.