Once upon a time, I was almost murdered

Hi my dear readers. How are you doing? I hope everything is good. So here's the new chapter I hope you all like it.

PLease please please, agar like karrahe toh thoda vote and comment bhi banta hai. Please vote and comment guys. And also I would love some inline comments. 

Enjoy your read and tell me what you think about it. 

Love you allllll......

Byeeeeee......

Amyra Shahzeb

Ontario
Toronto

I sat in the movie theatre, engrossed in the movie, when the lights turned on at the interval. I thought it would be boring but turns out it is fun watching. I really loved the character of the conqueror. Anyways, right now I needed to use the restroom and I got up from my seat to tell Ashar that I'd be back.

"Do you want me to hold your bag for you?" Ashar asked. I blushed and nodded.

"Thank you," I smiled at him and walked out. I reached the ladies room and frowned. It was quite empty. Where were the people who all left to go to the restroom? Pretty sure this was the nearest one. When I came out, I saw a strange lady washing hands. I decided to wash my hands. It was getting strangely eerie. I was about to leave when the lady came right in from of me. I frowned at her.

"Excuse me, you are in my way," I said politely.

"So are you enjoying the movie, your highness?" she asked me. I noticed one of her eyes. It was grayish white in color. I shuddered and took a step back. Her other eye had a dark brown orb. Perhaps she was hurt in her grayish white eye.

I decided to ignore her and walk by. But when my eyes fell on the mirror, my steps felt heavy. There was no reflection of that woman in the mirror. My breath hitched and I looked back at the woman as she smiled at me.

"Your highness," she moved towards me.

"Who are you?" I asked. Who the hell was highness? Was she taunting me or something? I was genuinely frightened but tried my best not to show it. Who wouldn't be frightened at this.

The woman smiled in amusement as if my fear was entertaining for her. "Do you think with your weak power, you can protect yourself from me?"

She took a step towards me and I moved back.

"I will be the one to bring back you head and harvest your heart for His Majesty and he would be so delighted," she hissed. I shuddered at her words. 

"Look," I tried to explain, "I think you may have mistaken me for someone else."

"No," she smiled, "I can smell your dragon blood." She smelt the air as if smelling some food. I was confused and also scared. What was she talking about? Suddenly, he expression changed and I felt myself forcefully thrown back at the wall of the bathroom. Her eyes had a visciousness. The woman held me by my throat and lifted me up. Her nails grew into talons and I could feel them slowly piercing into my throat. I tried to loose her hold but as the talons gripped my throat, I felt strength draining from my body. 

"Leave....me...please...," I choked out the words. All of a sudden, I felt her hold on my throat loosen. I fell to the ground, choking. The woman fell down in front of me and although pale, I moved back in horror. I lump fell on the ground before me, covered in blood. I observed it, trying to understand what exactly it was. The lump was moving.

I moved back in horror when I realised what it was. "A heart?" I muttered. Then I looked up at Ashar, standing, his face splashed with blood. A strange fear gripped my face and I moved back to the wall horrified.

"It's okay. You are safe. Please don't faint," he said softly.

I looked at him. No, how do you exactly react at this situation. Your crush has committed a murder to save you from being murdered. And that murder was a cold blooded one. The guy practically pulled out a heart. And I was scared. And for some stupid reason I felt butterflies in my stomach. Why wouldn't I feel that? My crush has murdered someone for me.

The blood vanished from his hands into thin air. The woman vanished out of sight. It was as if nothing had happened. Had I just imagined everything?

"Let's get you home," he said and put his hand forth. I looked at his now clean hands.

"Don't be guilty, Amyra," he muttered, his voice barely audible to me, "If I hadn't killed her, she would have killed you. I would choose to save you over anyone, whether it's killing someone or getting killed for."

He pulled me up and held me straight. "Let's get out of here before things get weirder," he muttered. I stayed silent. My voice was caught in my throat. The incident had shook me up to the core. No movies for me for a while. I'd rather watch them in my bedroom. I sure as hell don't want to die in a ladies restroom in a movie theatre.

My legs felt woozy all of a sudden and I felt my weight too heavy for my legs to carry.

"Amyra," Ashar's voice was the last I heard as everything around me disappeared into nothingness.

 ---------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes. The surroundings seemed familiar. I rubbed my eyes and looked around again. It was my room. Where was I? Was I dreaming? How did I get here?

Things began to come back to me and I felt like vomiting. I composed myself, sitting straight on the bed, then my eyes fell over my bag on the side table. I bent down to take it.

I needed to call Ashar to check if everything had really happened. What if it was just a nightmare?

I dialled his number and was about to call, but then it felt stupid. What if it wasn't real? What if it was just a nightmare. Ashar would laugh at me and think I am too dumb to know the difference between nightmares and reality.

I decided not to call him and put the phone back into the purse. But wait a minute. If it was a nightmare, why was my purse here? Its the one I took to the movies. I remember Ashar's words.

"I'd choose you anyday over anyone," he had said. Of course it would only happen in my dreams. I sighed and decided to get something to eat.

I pushed open the door of my living room which connected to the kitchen. As I pushed the door of the kitchen close, I saw my Baba, Aahil Shahzeb, looking at me intently.

"Who was that boy?" he asked me. My eyes widened in realization. It was definitely not a dream.

"What boy?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"Amyra?" he warned me not to play that card. "The one who brought you home unconscious. Were you doing drugs? I asked him what happened. He told me to ask you."

"No Baba, I just went to watch a movie with him. I just then remembered the attack and shuddered. Those talons.

"You went to movies with a boy?" he asked me. "And how did you meet him?"

"At the bus station," I smiled.

"When?" Baba seemed irritated with my answers.

"Two years ago. He is a law student, Baba. I like him. I was the one who asked him to go to movies with me."

"Does he like you back?" he asked.

"I don't think so," I looked down. I didn't want to have this conversation with Baba unless I knew what was going on in Ashar's mind.

This was embarassing.....