_CHAPTER ONE_

THE BEGINNING

Today, a normal day like any other day, I still walked slowly on the way to school. Through the rows of green trees is a clear blue sky, looking up, I suddenly thought: "Ah , Is it still the same today ?".
"Hey Michael!" he said, hitting my shoulder hard from behind, "What are you thinking now?".

That's Thomas, my deskmate and also my closest friend in this damn high school. And me, Michael Northampton, an ordinary student in Southwell High School full of luxury.

"Did you hear that?" Thomas ask, seemed confused "You seem quiet today, huh?".
"Well, I would be glad if you would be quiet for a moment..." I reply

And we kept talking until we get to class...
When the recess drum rang out, the whole classroom was filled with the chatter and laughter of the students.
My best friend also came to my table and placed a novel firmly on the table, he say: "Have you ever heard of this novel?".
"No, sure" I say frankly "Instead of reading these meaningless novels, why don't you try to get 50 points on the surprise test?".
"Come on, it's a surprise test and I haven't studied at all..." he whispered.

'I hesitated a bit. Looking at the cover, it seemed like an adventure novel. Anyway, this is the book my friend gave me, so I should try reading it, right?' I thought.
"Ok, give it to me!" I say, picked up the novel on the table and put it in my bag.
"I know you will like it..." he smirked.
"It's summer so I'll bring it home to try, but stop smiling like that, it's creepy."
"Fine...!" he left and returned to his seat.

The bell rang again, and we all returned to our seats...Just like that, the remaining classes continued. Soon after school ended, I strode home on the familiar concrete road, passing through rows of green trees, walked into the house feeling tired after a day of school.
The dark house suddenly lit up as the lights on the ceiling flashed.
It's still the same, no one is in the house, everyone is busy with their lives...

I climbed upstairs, slammed the door, maybe, The place where I feel most comfortable is the bedroom in the attic, soft light shines through the wooden door frame. In the middle of the room, painted in light green, the room gives me a feeling of serenity and comfort.

Then, I suddenly remembered the morning recess at school, thinking that, I jumped up and grabbed my schoolbag. Suddenly, I took the novel my friend gave me earlier, put it on the table, turned on the desk lamp, sat down in the chair, the first words I saw on the cover of the book were titled: "The Emperor's black heart".
...