Chapter 3

MARCO'S POV 

 I close the door behind me, across the room is the school dean... who happened to be my father. With a bland poker-face expression, he signaled for me to take the seat opposite to him. 

 "So," he started, clasping his hands together. 

 "How was your first day?"Dad asked me. 

 "It was okay," I answered. 

"I met some welcoming people and some that are opposite to welcoming people, padre," I added, positive energy flowing through my words. 

Dad seemed to be surprised that here in the Institute, I was welcomed by polite and rude students.

"Well, it's good to hear that you found welcoming people here in the Institute." 

Dad commented, a smile on his face. Before he continued to talk, he took a sip out of his customized glass mug that contained his energizer of the day, Caffè Ristretto. 

"Did you make any friends in your first day?" Dad asked, while he organized the important student documents that he took care of. 

 "I'm not exactly sure if I made one friend, but Kiara is at least close to the description of being friends," I replied, honestly. His face stretched out in on a grin as a response to what I said. 

"Kiara Adriana De Luca. One of our best students here in this Institute. She maintains a proper behavior, although she does get troublesome when she is with her friends." 

I felt my face heat up with slight embarrassment when my father shared details about Kiara's student background at this institution. I asked him more questions about Kiara.

"How many years has she been here in this Institute?" 

 "This school is akin to a full university. From kindergarten through high school and college. When I was working here as her class advisor in 1st Grade, Kiara had just begun attending school."

Dad answered my question. I couldn't resist asking questions about Kiara. However, when I began to ask more, and more questions about Kiara than necessary, he became curious.

"Marco, why do you ask about Kiara?" 

Dad asked me with curiosity. My heartbeat sped up with a surge of embarrassment when he asked that question. 

Then I asked myself, why? I didn't know either, but the thought of Kiara made butterflies soar in my stomach. Before I could let another word out of my mouth, the school bell rang.

"Well, it is already time for you to go to your next class, mio figlio,"

Dad said, as he looked at his wristwatch. I say a polite 'arrivederci' to my beloved dad before leaving his office. It was a relief that the school bell rang before I said anything to him.

"Merda..."

 VINCENZO'S POV 

"Finally, we can go back to class!"

I said, but in my excitement of finally being released, it came out more as an annoyed hiss. We still had essays to write for Mr. Fiore.

"Yes... Finally free from inferno and the childish la lupa!"

Damiano added, making a dramatic show of holding his chest. Rafaela was just by his side and she scoffed at his insult before protesting against him.

"Oh really? La lupa? When you're the one acting like a sbalzo!"

"Geez! Rafaela! Quit the acting!"

"I ain't acting Damiano! You are!"

"No, you are!"

"You are the one who cause the fight this morning!"

I decided to drag them to a corner.

"You two need to stop fighting before we get another detention or worse suspension... Got it?"

I warned, with a cold tone.

"Got it, Enzo."

"Got it, Capo Diavolo."

I sternly looked at Rafaela for her name calling, but I disregard it as we entered the Chemistry classroom.