Chapter 🔥12🔥

Clarke saw herself in the middle of a huge room that led her to remember the beautiful rooms of the Louvre Museum, in Paris. It was during an unforgettable trip that she made to the French capital, in the company of her friend Clarise, when they were both twenty-two years old. The entire room was decorated in the typical Louis XIV style. A style that predominated in so many historic buildings from beautiful Paris.

She immediately rolled her eyes, somewhat irritated, realizing that she was in another of those realistic and rare dreams, that she had not stopped having since she had arrived in that remote town of Polis.

She looked at the large windows and noticed that it was night. A faint snowfall was falling magically, in slow motion. She decided to leave the room, to, at least, find out where she was and what her new and delirious dream was about this time.

When she opened the very high handmade wooden doors and put one foot outside the room, she perceived the murmur of voices, which came from the lower floor. Immediately they become more louder as the seconds passed, as well as music, that seemed to be performed by an orchestra.

She looked at herself and noticed that she wore a sensual long party dress, white, with silver embroidery, and a wide belt, like a corset adjusting her waist. The garment had a wide neckline, leaving her voluminous breasts more exposed. She had no sleeves, and an extensive cut showed almost all her right leg. Black sandals, with high heels, raised her a few centimetres, stylizing her figure. She immediately cursed her shoes, fearing that if she took a step she would fall. She had never gotten used to walking in that type of shoes. But they felt very comfortable, and she set out to do the best she could. The wardrobe wasn't bad at all, in truth, she liked it a lot. She took the opportunity to look at herself in a large oval mirror that she found to her right, in the same corridor.

'Wow, Clarke, now you're ready to seduce anyone at a party. The million-dollar question is, where the hell are you? She manifested out loud, as she turned and observed in detail how elegant she looks with that beautiful dress. One she imagines was made of silk, because of how it felt on her skin. She also noticed that she was perfectly made up, and her blond hair was combed in a way that she liked a lot, with some waves and loops, completing an image she had never seen of herself. 'Not bad, not bad at all...'

Once she finished looking at herself and being amazed by the image reflected in the mirror, she observed, first to her left, and then to her right, but she couldn't see anyone in that very large corridor. Then she turned and in front of it she saw the beginning of a wide marble staircase, such as the one that had the Palais Garnier or the Paris Opera. But before going down, she wanted the see what the apparent party was about, in the large living room, on the lower floor. To do this, she approached the small balcony next to the staircase. Clarke, immediately marvelled at the place, which was sure was undoubtedly the Palais Garnier in Paris. The main hall was decorated with millions of roses of different colours, located in giant vases, and in parts of the large staircase, illuminated by magnificent chandeliers that held thousands of burning candles.

'Of course, Clarke, it couldn't be less. You have a mind with extraordinary creativity. You should dedicate yourself to writing or interior designer, instead of being an FBI agent lost somewhere in your mind. Hell!'

She murmured again, raising her eyebrows, while she began to look at the many guests at the big party, and whatever was happening down there. The first thing she noticed was that the guests had their faces covered with masks, but she didn't find any that she could wear.

'Great! This gets better by the minute,' she thought, raising an eyebrow.

She shook her head, and decided to join the strange event, even if she didn't have a mask, at least, she had to be able to find the exit door of the place. She went down slowly and very carefully, because, although everything seemed to be perfect in her brilliant imagination, the high thigh heeled shoes were really a surprise for her, and a challenge. The last thing she wanted was to end up rolling down the stairs and have the embarrassment of her life, even if everything was part of a crazy dream, she felt it very real.