Prologue

So, way back in 2023, the world decided chaos was the new black. Cyber shenanigans, real-life brawls, and a propaganda extravaganza—it was like everyone wanted a slice of the power pie. Nations, corporations, you name it—they were all in for a royal rumble. High stakes and the looming threat of total mayhem.

Fast forward, and the U.S. turned into this tech haven. The globe's go-to place for innovation, and the economy? Oh, it was the talk of the town.

Now, picture this: my dad, Donnell Sampson, the muscle guy, and his buddy Darryl Houston decide to join forces and birth 'Terraforming Technologies.' Their big plan? Terraform Mars and give humanity a glow-up.

But wait, behind their success story is the trio of my dad, Darryl, and their close bud Marcus. They navigated life's craziness together. Darryl, the brainiac shaped by growing up where opportunities were rarer than a unicorn. Life tested him, but his brainpower guided him through it all.

On the flip side, my dad's all about raw strength and resilience. Grew up in the brawl-filled streets, turned it into his battleground. Scars? Yep, he's got a story for each one.

Then there's Marcus, the glue to their friendship. Smooth talker, great at handling social stuff. Held them together through the rollercoaster of youth.

As years passed, Darryl's brains, my dad's brawn, and Marcus's charm made Terraforming Technologies a thing. Their friendship, forged in the fires of chaos, became the bedrock of their big mission.

Success wasn't all sunshine, though. The world, during chaos, wanted a piece of them. U.S. government, power-hungry, wanted control over their tech. They said no and started a civil war. Terraforming Technologies, with a private army and tech wonders, faced a real challenge.

Fast forward again, it's 2500, Their company's a tech giant, paving the way for space exploration. But hey, the U.S. is still on that warpath for tech control, and the stakes? Higher than ever.

They want their secrets, but they've got a private army. Oh, and check this out: a cyber suit powered by Terra Cells and a snazzy AI. Total game-changer.

This civil war isn't just a U.S. thing; it's gone global. Nations are scrambling for high-tech goodies. Their team of global minds, led by Darryl, made a space colony ship—'Terra Tech.' It's a marvel, running on nuclear fusion engines.

But surprise! The U.S. government ain't happy. They threaten with nukes, so they bail. As they jet off, Earth dives into a full-blown nuclear fiesta. The Terra Tech survives, a bit roughed up, but hey, they made it to Mars and eventually after years of strife, they were eventually able to Terraform Mars.

After the war, the world became a ruined wasteland. Amidst the desolation that was once a bustling city, the aftermath of the nuclear world war lay bare for all to see. The sky, once a vibrant canvas of blue, was now painted with streaks of sickly gray and orange, a constant reminder of the devastation that had taken place. The sun's feeble attempts to pierce through the thick blanket of smoke only cast an eerie, muted glow upon the ruins below.

The once-grand buildings that defined the cityscape now stood as crumbling sentinels, their skeletal frames reaching out like desperate hands, as if trying to escape their own demise. Piles of debris and rubble choked the streets, and the few remaining vehicles were twisted metal wrecks, their tires melted into the asphalt.

Amid this haunting scene, a lone figure navigated the wreckage, stepping carefully over remnants of what was once a thriving civilization. Tattered clothing clung to their form, a symbol of resilience in the face of despair. A gas mask obscured their face, a necessary defense against the toxic air that hung heavy with the stench of burnt metal and chemicals.

The wind howled mournfully through the ruins, carrying with it whispers of the past and the dreams that once lived within these shattered walls. The silence was punctuated by the occasional distant creak of collapsing structures, a stark reminder that even in this desolation, the world continued to decay.

As the figure moved deeper into the heart of the city, they stumbled upon a half-standing building, its walls adorned with faded murals that told stories of a bygone era. Their gloved hand brushed over the remnants of the artwork, a touch filled with reverence and sadness. A sense of loss hung heavy in the air, mingling with the dust and sorrow that coated everything.

At the center of the ruins, what remained of a once majestic park spread out like a graveyard of memories. The skeletal remains of trees stood as solemn witnesses to the horrors that had unfolded. Among the wreckage, a child's doll lay forgotten, its porcelain face cracked and stained. The figure knelt beside it, their gloved fingers tracing the delicate features as tears mixed with the dust on their cheeks.

In the distance, a faint sound echoed a mournful howl, the cry of a creature seeking solace in a world forever changed. The figure stood, gazing out across the desolation, their heart heavy with the weight of the past and the uncertainty of the future. And as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows over the broken landscape, the figure raised their eyes one last time, a silent promise to remember what was lost and to forge a path toward hope amidst the apocalypse.

"Donnell, are you positive you made the correct choice?" Nexus questioned, his voice murmur in the wind. "Well, someone has to do it, and I guess that someone is me, huh?" Donnell replied, a tinge of bitterness in his tone.