A Quest for a Yes

Hey my dear readers, its been a while since I published, but not because I wasnt writing but because I wanted the perfect characters. And here are two of those new characters. I really hope you like them because I already love them. There will be more their story. Tell me what you feel about this part in the comment section and hope you like it. Give me a vote, dont be shy.

Love you all, byeeeee

1000 years ago

Eritrea

Ishgar

"He's gone," a faint voice escaped from her throat, as she stared at the sky. It seemed as if someone had smeared the sky with golden all over.

She held her chest and sighed in pain. A rush of emotions were whirling through her head and she lifted her head in the sky. His words echoed in her mind.

"It's okay," he had said, "It's okay if you could live." She didn't know what he meant by that then but she knew it now. He had taken her place in the circle.

"You did right by me, let me do right by you now," she muttered.

"Empress Mahara Alvina," a young man rushed in to greet her. She turned to look at him.

"Empress," he said, kneeling on one knee before her. There was a shiver in his voice, "He is no more."

"I know," she muttered, "I felt it." Tears filled her eyes but she blinked them back. It wasn't a time to cry. He was gone and Ishgar was doomed now. The dragons from the other side would take over Eritrea. More than half of her army was gone and the enemy didn't seem half as exhausted as them. Almost all her sacred light energy was sucked into this war. She didn't know the enemy much, but she knew that if take over, they would establish dictatorship over Eritrea. People would suffer. There would be slaughter. She knew she had to save her own people. 

"Listen up," she told the young man who was still kneeling, "I need Princess Rayna's presence."

The young man nodded and immediately lifted his head and ran out to call her.

Soon after, a young lady walked in. She had platinum blonde hair, the whitest silver one could have. Her orbs were blood red. She was tall and had an hour glass figure.

"Alvina," she said gently, looking at the Empress standing in the windows, staring at the sky. 

"This war has exhausted me, Rayna," she muttered, "I made a decision, but I need you to do something before that."

"What decision?" Rayna frowned.

"We can't win this war, it's over for us," she carefully seemed to think out her words, "If this goes on, our kind, the light dragons would cease to exist. I can't live on like this, at the expense of exhausting my kind."

"But what if a miracle happens?" Rayna asked. Alvina smiled at the hope she saw in her eyes.

"Miracles happen at an expense. We have to pay the price sometimes," Alvina replied, picking up the knife on her table.

"What are you doing?" Rayna was cautious now.

ssssssss"I want you to get all the Eritreans into hiding. There are children out there, also those who are too weak to defend themselves," Empress said.

"But how? There are black dragons almost everywhere," Rayna was getting a bad feeling now.

"I know a spell. When I cast it, all the black dragons would be pushed out and I could form a barrier to protect my people. But it would only last so long. So while everyone's safe, you need to get them and the remaining ones into hiding. Save yourselves now. I want you to raise Eritrea again," she looked at her, blinking back tears.