𝟎𝟐. maisie and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

⸝⸝₊ ┊in between
chapter two ‧₊˚ ⋅⩩

  ⸝⸝₊ ┊in between ♰ chapter two ♰ ‧₊˚ ⋅⩩

────── ♰ ──────

⁰︎⁰︎ °. • THE FIRST RULE in Maisie's life, don't be rude to someone unless they're asking for it. Because if they're asking for it, she (totally, 100%, (definitely not)) has her father's permission to be rude back. Don't ask her mother about that rule. She'll disagree.

Sometimes being a police officer's daughter is helpful. Because they surely wouldn't arrest the girl, he was on his way to be sheriff. Not that she has ever done anything ever in her life to get arrested...but if her and Peter kept it up, there was a cell waiting with their names written all over it.

But being rude wasn't enough to get her arrested. It was just enough to get her called down to the principals office.

"Maisie Hudson, please report to the front office."

If there was a more embarrassing moment in her life, it probably would still fall under this exact moment. Getting called over the intercom to the principal's office was practically social suicide. Because now everyone was going to be watching her leave the room. The ten foot walk to the door suddenly felt like she was running across a football stadium, except she was running in place. Not moving. All eyes on her as she scrambled out the door.

None of them even truly cared what she could possibly be getting called down for, it was just a short distraction from whatever science lab the teacher had assigned that week.

Okay, listen. So, maybe...possibly...Maisie got into a slight altercation with another student. But it wasn't her fault! Not entirely. Maisie is a good kid, but if you walk into her whilst she has the robotics project she had been working on all semester in her hands and it falls to the floor...don't get mad when she's annoyed.

Or more appropriate to the situation, don't be a bitch.

Worst part of all of this was, Maisie was 80% sure she had never seen the girl she had ran into. Not that Maisie knew everyone in the school, but she knew at least most of the kids in her grade, and the one who ran into her, she had definitely never seen.

Maybe that's what Ned was talking about the other day. Something about a new student in his class. God, she needs to start paying more attention to what they tell her. Half the time it's useless, but suddenly...she really wishes she was paying attention.

"Ms. Hudson," she was greeted when she made it to Principal Morita's office. Her eyes wandered over to the other person in the office that was sat in front of his desk. Her leg crossed over the other and an outfit that was fit for a role on Gossip Girl. A skirt that was definitely too short for dress code, the cardigan resting on her shoulders, and an overly expensive handbag sitting in her lap. Don't even get her started on the shoes.