01

THYLANE.

"Uulan ba ngayon?"

I glanced at Reign because of that question. Her gaze was fixed on the window, observing the overcast sky. From her, I shifted my attention back to what I was watching. Friends.

I was immersed in my favorite sitcom when someone abruptly entered our apartment. A familiar voice spoke up behind me.

"Hey, Thylane. What are you up to? And where's Reign?"

I glanced over to where Reign had been standing just moments ago. When I noticed she was no longer there, I pointed towards her room, assuming she had gone in that direction.

"Ohh."

Greyshane settled down beside me, nonchalantly grabbing a few of my fries. I gave her a disapproving look. "Can I have some?"

I sighed. "Why bother asking when you're already eating?" she simply grinned, resting her head on my shoulder. As I was about to resume the video, someone, or rather, Khamila, snagged my fries.

"I'm hungry," she declared, and I shot her the most intense stare I could muster. "Greyshane didn't prepare any snacks."

"My god! You're not a child anymore, Khamila. Cook for yourself," I irritably remarked. "And give me back my fries, you little piece of shit."

"THYLANE SYLVAÑEZ, YOUR LANGUAGE!" My eyes widened as Reign yelled.

What the?

I don't know how Reign heard us, considering she's currently in her room. I glanced in the direction of her room and noticed that the door was slightly ajar. Kaya naman pala, tch.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, standing up to reclaim my food from Khamila. "There are still fries in the fridge; cook there instead of snatching mine. And please, don't finish them, or else... You will never enter this beautiful apartment of ours."

"Beautiful my ass."

"KHAMILA RAE!" Khamila quickly hurried to the kitchen upon hearing Reign's shout. I returned to my seat, laughing. Clearly scared of Reign.

"Alam mo, ang ganda mo pag nakangiti. Kaya dapat ganyan ka lagi, hindi 'yung araw-araw si anger kumukontrol sa'yo," Greyshane said, her tone both sincere and playful.

Why bother telling me that when you already know why I seem angry at the world?

I rolled my eyes, feeling a mix of annoyance and embarrassment. "Whatever," I muttered, trying to dismiss her words even though a part of me knew she was right.

"Anong episode ka na?" she asked, smoothly changing the topic. Her eyes were fixed on the tablet on the coffee table, where my laptop was also sitting.

"Episode 18. The one with all the poker," I replied.

"Oh, season one. Alam mo ba na si Chandler and Monica ang end game? While Ross and Rachel-" she was cut off when I placed my palm over her mouth.

"One more spoil and I'll bury you alive. Don't try me, Greyshane Lou," I said coldly. I removed my hand and sanitized it for good measure.

"Geez. I'm sorry. I was just joking, okay? Kaya wala kang boyfriend e," she teased.

I don't need a boyfriend.

"Oh, shut the fu- up!" she laughed, knowing Reign would scold me again if she heard me swear. That girl really hates cursing.