Trust :: MATURE CONTENT

by : Pinophyta on AO3

He’s sweating. They both are. It’s hot outside and inside the room, late at night, and the only noise that betrays what they’re doing is the sound of their hurried breathing.

Mike pauses at the sight of Ben, bent over in front of him. It’s not the first time they’re like this, but there is a difference now. And it shouldn’t be a big deal, because Ben said it wouldn’t be, but Mike can’t stop looking at it and... thinking.

It’s Ben’s tie, the same blue tie he’s been wearing all day. A few minutes ago he asked Mike to tie his hands behind his back with it. Just to try it out, he said. Not too tight, he said. And Mike did, even though he was reluctant, because something about it didn’t feel right. But the way Ben asked for it was so sweet and charming, Mike simply couldn’t say no.

So he did. He’s good at tying knots. That’s part of the problem, maybe, he thinks. He’s tied a lot of men up in his career. He knows how to immobilize a grown man. But… Yeah, that’s the problem. He understands now.

This is a thing he does to bad guys. Seeing Ben like that doesn’t feel right. He’s fully hard, and his erection is aching for it, but he can’t. He can’t.

Ben has noticed something’s wrong. He turns his head as far as he can, which isn’t much. He can’t see the hesitation on Mike’s face, so he asks in a whisper:

“Everything alright, Mike?”

It isn’t. He’s thinking about all the times he’s seen Ben tied up, manhandled, bruised. Way too many times, way too much pain for a man of his position. Ben’s reassuring words from minutes ago have lost their effects, and Mike can’t stop wondering why he would want this.

He has to be in pain. His arms are pulled back, his muscles are clearly tense, and his face is awkwardly smushed against the pillow. The sight of his arched back and exposed ass should be exciting, and it is to an extent, but eventually Mike’s eyes return to that piece of fabric around Ben’s wrists… and he hesitates.

He doesn’t like seeing Ben like this. This is a humiliating position, a measure to immobilize threats. He closes his eyes and sees rows of men, criminals, terrorists, their wrists zip-tied and lying prone on the floor. Then he opens his eyes, and sees the president of the united states like this. He sees Ben like this.

And it doesn’t feel right.

“Yeah, I just… I...”

He’s never hesitated like this in bed. He doesn’t have an explanation, or an excuse. He can’t wing it, can’t just roll with it, as he does with most unexpected things in his life. This is a first.

Fortunately, Ben is a goddamn saint. He says the words calmly, even though Mike knows he has all the right in the world to be mad.

“Untie me, Mike.”

He promptly does it, feeling both relieved and guilty for being unable to indulge Ben in this little thing. He watches him stretch slowly, and turn towards Mike. They sit on the edge of the bed, and Mike’s already forgotten his hard on. The room begins to feel a lot colder, and when Ben opens his arms Mike falls into them on queue, seeking refuge on the crook of Ben’s neck. He feels Ben’s hands on his hair and thinks he might get a little choked up.

It’s stupid. It’s embarrassing. He’s fucking up the limited time they have to fool around, all because he can’t just give Ben what he wants.

“Want to talk about it?” Ben asks.

He lingers in the comfort of Ben’s embrace a few moments longer, gathering his thoughts. He thinks he’s beginning to understand, and then he looks up to Ben’s face. He cradles it with both hands, like he’s done so many times before, and he speaks.