026. jack survived the dreaded bermuda triangle

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

            ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   Somebody's Watching Me: Rockwell

I sit at the counter in Mac's kitchen as I carve my pumpkin with my knife. I roll up my hoodie sleeves more and stick my knife back into the pumpkin. I tilt my head and make sure my incision on the fruit stays clean and steady.

"Hey, guys." Bozer enters with bags of Halloween decorations in his hands. "Great news. I found the extra-large spiders."

"That's great, Boze. Just bring 'em in and put 'em with the others here." Cage stands on top of the ladder and I press the button next to me, making the fake skeleton come down.

"Ah!" He drops the decorations and jumps back, then landing on the floor.

"Oh, man, that was even better than I hoped." McKenna laughs with the others.

"Lina?" He gets up. "What the hell?"

"Morning, Wilt." I continue carving the pumpkin and the others keep laughing.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" He waves his hand to Jack. "What the hell is wrong with y'all?"

"I'm so sorry, Boze, but it was really funny." Mac pulls the fake skeleton up.

"I expect more from you, Cage."

"Alright, looks like just a few more tweaks, and Casper's ready to go." He keeps pulling the fake skeleton and I press the button, scaring Bozer again.

"Okay!" Bozer jumps and everyone laughs. "It's all fun and games, now, Lina. But you wait. You just wait." He points at me.

"Oh, man, I'm getting blood all over my third-favorite Metallica T-shirt. How'd I get roped into this again?" Jack looks down at his shirt.

"It's your third favorite?" Evan scoffs and I go back to carving the pumpkin.

"How many Metallica shirts do you own?" Cage chuckles.

"Um, about ten. Well, eleven, counting the one that's framed." Jack tells her. "What's your, uh, deal with Halloween there, Cage?"

"Back in D.C., I was known for my haunted houses. Kids would tremble when approaching my front door. I figured I'd keep the tradition alive in L.A."

"Well, Lina, looks like you met your other twin and you both can say come out and play with us forever and ever."

"I'll take that into suggestion, Jack, thanks." I nod as I keep carving.

"Alright, well, If you're such a pro, then what am I doing here?"

"Well, you're here because you love Halloween and kids and complaining." Mac inquires.