028. you wouldn't like me when i'm enojado

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Chasin' the Beat of My Heart: Austin Moon

"I'm thinking ultramodern furniture in the minimalist style with a touch of Indiana Jones, like overstuffed leather pillows." Bozer says we follow Jack up the stairs.

"Oh, c'mon, Bozer. You're giving Jack way too much interior design credit." Riley tells him. "I do agree with you about the leather. But, like, a ton of leather. Like, if a Whitesnake concert threw up on a condo."

"C'mon, Ri. Seriously. Whitesnake? That's what you think of me?" Jack questions.

"I mean, that is what everyone thinks of you." Mac quirks and I grin down. "You wear a leather cuff, like, all the time."

"Even to formal occasions." Evan adds.

"It has significant—you know what? If you guys don't stop Jack bashing, I'm just gonna uninvite you all right now." Jack warns.

"Oh, no. Please, we'll stop. Do not deny us of this opportunity." I start to get on my knees and the others laugh.

"Very funny, smartass." He nods and I get up.

"Oh, c'mon, Jack. Don't be like that." McKenna crosses her arms. "Me, Riley and Bozer have never been to your place. We can't help but wonder what chez Dalton is like."

"Exactly. We're just excited you finally asked us over, even if it is for a midweek Bruce Willis marathon." Bozer nods and I scoff.

"Let's go." Jack points warningly at him and we continue walking up the stairs. "Okay, now, I don't have a big patio with a view of the L.A. skyline, but I think you'll find the Dalton digs are a little slice of heaven." He opens the door and we head inside.

"Jack, why is your door open?" Mac asks.

"Looks like you've been robbed." McKenna enters with us.

"Oh, man. They took my TV?" Jack gapes. "I just figured out how to work the remote."

"That's what you get for being a slow learner." I shrug and the others laugh.

"That was good." Bozer clasps my hand.

"Lina." Jack turns to me.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, they left the remote." I hold up the remote.

"Quiet, you." He points at me as the others chuckle.

"Jack, I tried calling you, but it kept going straight to voice mail." A dark haired girl in yellow walks over.

"Yeah, that's because somebody took apart my phone to make a tracking d—yeah. What happened, Janese?"

"I-I came in this morning to drop off your mail, and I found this. I...I thought I was doing a good job checking on the place twice a day. I feel like a terrible neighbor. I'm so sorry, Jack."