Chapter Three

AUTHOR:

AUTHOR:

I think we can do better with the votes people, from now on i will be posting a chapter every Thursday! Make sure to comment and share with your friends!

The insistent ringing of the alarm clock had disturbed my peaceful slumber, prompting a groan of irritation as I reluctantly lifted my face from the soft pillow. Blinking sleep from my eyes, I scanned the quiet and empty dorm room before collapsing back onto the bed. For a moment, I entertained the idea of drifting back into the embrace of sleep.

But then, as I gazed at the clock on the bedside table, my drowsiness vanished in an instant.

10:03 AM.

Panic surged through me, and I jolted upright with a speed I didn't know I was capable of. I had never sprung out of bed so quickly in my life. The realisation that I had overslept and missed whatever activities were planned for the morning shot through my mind like a bolt of lightning.

I scrambled out of bed, my heart racing, and began the frantic process of getting ready for the day. I yank out the uniform from the cupboard, teeth were brushed with hurried vigour, and a glance at the timetable reminded me that I had to be somewhere, and I had to be there fast.

I was out in the halls wishing second as I try to adjust this fucking tie whilst holding my books in one hand, I've barely left my sleep slumber before it each the front door. I push it open and slip inside, my eyes look up and everyone stares at me.

But only one pair of eyes caught my attention.

And he stood with his arms folded. He wore a black dress shirt, its sleeves rolled up to his elbows, revealing intricate tattoos, and the first three buttons undone.

He settled his blazer onto a black leather chair along with a sleek black briefcase. The room was filled with a buzz of whispered conversations.

His dark brown eyes locked with mine before scaling down my uniform,

"Get out of the room, Miss Tate."

He ordered, his tone leaving no room for argument.

"Go wait outside."

Feeling a mix of anger, embarrassment, and confusion, I turned back and headed out of the lecture room. The door closed behind me with a final-sounding click, leaving me standing alone in the hallway.

I leaned against the cool, tiled wall and took a moment to collect my thoughts. First day and I'm already late to a lecture.

The hallway was deserted, the distant murmur of voices from other classrooms serving as a stark contrast to the tense silence I had left behind. I felt like an outsider, a misfit, and the weight of that label bore down on me.

The lecture door finally opened, and the imposing figure stepped out. He stood at an impressive six feet six inches, his formidable build demanding attention.