CHAPTER 17: SHE'S THE ONE

(Previously)

After a while, the commander walks inside the Battleship's bridge. Freeman then approaches the Captain while having a look at the monitors.

"Greetings, Commander.", the Captain bows.

Freeman immediately responded, "No. No... It's just me. We don't do that here.".

"Duly noted, sir.", the Captain nodded.

"I can see that everything's running smoothly here. Good job, Cap.", praised Freeman.

"Thank you, Commander. I'm pleased to hear that."

"What's up?", Freeman asked.

"Well as of the moment, we're still waiting for the return of our shuttles that transported goods to the people from the mining planets."

To their surprise, an alarm on the Battleship's bridge/deck went off. The Captain and crew looked immediately on the monitors and cameras.

They saw nothing from afar and the radars just continued to blink as if it detected something.

Seconds later, the blinking disappeared.

"This is unusual... hmm.", the Captain wondered. "I'm pretty sure our systems are up to date.".

"It means that we'll still be able to detect a concealed aircraft, right? Are we sure that thing's working properly?", asked Commander Freeman.

"Uhh... yes, sir. It should be.", replied the Battleship's Captain.

"Hmm... if those radars keep on glitching, then we might need a mechanic to have a closer look on that. ASAP.", the commander suggested.

"Aye aye, Commander. Got it.", the Captain agrees while scratching his forehead.

Commander Anton Freeman took a deep breath as he looks around the bridge/deck. Again, he saw nothing on the monitors and the crew trying to troubleshoot the glitch.

"I'll be right back.", he notified everyone. "Nature calls.".

Anton Freeman then leaves the area. While walking alone through the ship's corridor, the lights suddenly went out one by one starting from afar then towards the commander. It looked like darkness is slowly engulfing the light.