Odysuess grieving for polites-(epic the misical)

Odysseus dropped to his knees on the boat's bow, as it sailed away from the island. He felt shock rushing through him like a tidal wave, leaving him breathless and desperate for air.
His best friend, his brother in all but blood, was gone. Polites was dead, killed by the damned cyclops Polyphemus.
Odysseus wept silently bent over on his knees hand clutched across his chest holding his heart as he sobbed without noise. His men, Thankfully, ignored him, leaving their captain to his grief in as much privacy as they could offer in the small confines of the ship.
In his mind, Odysseus remembered every moment he had with Polites, the good, the bad, and the ugly. His tears came harder as he remembered a time in their youth when he was nearly killed by a wild boar, he had jumped in front of the creature to protect Polites, how he wished so deeply now that it was he who lay dead on the floor of that wretched cave instead of Polites. Polites who was too good for this world, who saw the good and kind in everything one and thing around him.
Odysseus would never let his brother be forgotten, after all it was his job to carry Polices's memory from this moment to the end of time when death would hopefully bless him with the chance to reunite with his fallen brother.