Chapter seven: Jungwon's problem

A few days passed after Jungwon started to go to Kindergarten.

"Jungwon! How was it at daycare today?" Sunghoon asked, helping Jungwon to wear his jacket and to pack his bag.

Sunghoon started to worry when he saw Jungwon's little smile disappear. It was as if his heart got shot multiple times by the boy's sadness. He knew something wasn't right because Jungwon was acting like this since the first day which caught his eye.

"It wasn't how I expected it to be." Jungwon confessed, looking at the ground while fidgeting with his little fingers.

Sunghoon sighed, patting Jungwon's head gently before standing up from the ground and taking Jungwon's bag pack. "How about you go to the car? I will have a quick chat with Jake alright? Jay papa is waiting for you."

Sunghoon smiled when he saw how happy Jungwon got when he said Jay's name. It made Sunghoon feel happy that Jungwon actually liked Jay, even though the older was being distant. The kid nodded and headed to the car.

The blond looked around, hoping to see Jake somewhere. He passed a few kids and saw Jake tidying up the small classroom of Jungwon and his classmates.

"Jake? May I talk to you?" Sunghoon stood by the door, catching Jake's attention.

"Ah, Sunghoon-sshi, of course." Jake said, pulling out a chair for him and Sunghoon to sit.

"So, how is Jungwon? Is he causing you any trouble?" Sunghoon asked, crossing his legs.

"Absolutely not, he is a well behaved kid. But... I have to say that he has a small problem." Jake said, making Sunghoon confused.

"What do you mean by that?" Sunghoon asked. Was Jungwon being mean to the kids? Sunghoon knew the child wouldn't do such a thing but he couldn't be sure.

"Did you perhaps read the things I wrote in the notebook of his?" Jake asked, waiting for an answer.

Shit...I didn't read any of it. Sunghoon laughed awkwardly, shaking his head.

"It's about the clothing. It makes him stand out from others too much." Jake explained. "He is having trouble making friends because of it. Do you have any more ordinary clothes?" He asked.

"Like things he could afford to get dirty." Jake made an example.

Sunghoon sighed, so it was about the clothing. He thought of worser things, this situation could be easily handled.

He ended the eye contact with Jake, his eyes wandering around the room. "I don't... actually know where to buy stuff like that." The blond babbled, his face slightly flushing, embarrassed.

This made Jake laugh "Don't worry, I know just the place!"

-

"What is this place?" Jungwon asked, stepping out of the car with Sunghoon's help.

"It's apparently all the rage with the mothers."Sunghoon said, looking at the huge store while holding Jungwon's hand.

"It is?" Jay asked, he had no choice but to go with them. He looked at his phone, pretending to be interested in the conversation.

"Shopping!" Jungwon cheered, jumping around in the parking lot.

They entered the shop, Sunghoon took a shopping cart and startedn to wander around the islands.

"Packed to the ceiling... And all of it cheap as hell.." Sunghoon gasped in surprised, not believing the low prices of everything in the store.

"Look at all the toys!" Jungwon shouted, pointing at the shelve full with toys as he explored the area.

"It's paradise!"

"Pre-looped towels?! Why didn't anyone tell me?!" The blond exaggerated, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"This place fucking rocks." Jay returned with a satisfied smile on his face, carrying two Mario Kart plushies against his chest. Sunghoon followed after him with the cart, agreeing to Jay's words.

"I want these too!" The little boy exclaimed, hugging three big plushies tightly, making Sunghoon chuckle.

"No problem, buy all you like!" He said "We could buy the whole store and it wouldn't add up to the cost of one of those brand-name suits!", assured.

"Thank you papa!" Jungwon smiled, putting the toys in the shopping cart.

-

"Great day of shopping!" Sunghoon threw himself on the couch, exhausted, running his hands through his blond hair.

"But we have to write his name on them again" Jay reminded him, ruining the mood, putting the bags on the ground.

"Quiet you!" Sunghoon said, givingJay a side-eye who rolled his eyes at the blond.

"Papa, can I wear this tomorrow?" Jungwon rushed to the living room, holding a colorful sweater in his hands, shoving it into Sunghoon's face, making the older giggle.

"Sure you can! And you better bring it back covered in mud." Sunghoon winked, seeing how Jungwon's smile grew wider.

"Why would he do that? Are you trying to waste my money?" Jay frowned, crossing his arms.

"Oh shut up Jongseong!" Sunghoon yelled, resting his head against the pillow on the couch.

-

"Good morning!" Jungwon said, running to give a hug to Jake.

"Jungwon! What a cute outfit! It really suits you." Jake smiled, seeing Jungwon's new clothes.

Jungwon blushed, thanking his teacher shyly.

Sunghoon looked over to Jake, seeing him making a sign, happy to see that Sunghoon listened to his advice. The blond made a thumbs up sign to Jake's reaction.

Jungwon then ran to the playground and stopped, not knowing how to approach to the other kids.

"Jungwon pass!" Sunghoon yelled, pointing at the small yellow ball in front of Jungwon.

"Okay!" Jungwon turned to him and passed the ball to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon made some nice moves with the ball, catching the other kids attention. He balanced the ball on his head, making the kids look at him with excited expressions.

"Your papa's rally cool Jungwon!" Niki said, getting closer to Jungwon.

"Awesome!" Beomgyu said, admiring Sunghoon.

"Yeah!" Jungwon laughed. Sunghoon started to play with the children too, passing the ball to Jungwon again, letting the other kids play with him.

-

"Jungwon, your papa's here!" Jake shouted.

"Jungwon see you tomorrow!" Beomgyu and Niki waved atJungwon, receiving a small wave from him back.

"How'd you like daycare?" Sunghoon asked, holding Jungwon's hand as they walked towards the car.

"It was so fun!" Jungwon smiled, the smile on his face was enough to make Sunghoon's heart warm.