(Daigo x Reader) Brighter than the stars

~Minu

Written in 3rd  person~

"I don't mind being a second option, if that means I will be your second option. The moment you ever decide that I am the one you want, the one you not only want to love, but to count the stars with, then I am more than willing to be that one for you. I would pluck the stars from the sky for you and gift them to you in a bouquet arranged to fit your taste, because I'm the only one who knows that your home lies within the sky, the only one who knows that you shined brighter than all these stars combined. Yet, you would never look at yourself the way you look at the stars. They told you to dim your light, to fit in and it broke you. It never made you hate them, as much as I wish it did, but you don't crave hatred and maybe your forgiveness is, what made your light shine brighter, what makes you overlook the glances I send you on the daily. I don't blame you, I never could, because all I want is to see you happy. I know once its time, you'll be one with the stars again. They have come to realize just who it is that they lost and will start begging for you to come back. I'm content loving you from afar, because I know you wouldn't leave me, and that fact alone is enough to quench my heart's thirst for you."

After finishing his last sentence, Daigo finally laid his pen down and closed his diary. It's been a long day and trying to get Valt's bey Valtryek to wake up, took up a lot of his own energy. He feels drained, but he is more than grateful to be of any help within the beyclub. He remembers the day he visited Valt in the school's gymnasium to toy with his feelings and make him unable to battle him in the upcoming match between the two. An uneasy feeling started forming in the pit of his stomach, but he is used to that feeling. He still harbors some regret about his prior actions, but he learned to accept his past and become better.

Placing his diary on his bedside table, he lays his head on his pillow and faces you. To him you're the most beautiful person, the brightest star decorating the sky at night, shining brighter than the moon ever could. You don't need the sun to lend you her light, you are the light, and he is the lucky one who is allowed to bath in your light every second of the day. He's happy that you gave him the chance to do so, even though he wouldn't have minded doing so from afar, like he was used to doing. With that thought in mind he finally let himself fall asleep.