Chapter 14 - Jimmy and Tina

I awoke abruptly to the sounds of laughter in the other room, the smell of coffee, and Tina nowhere in sight. I got up to go to see where she went to find Christy in the bathroom washing her face while Tina and Kat were in the living room cleaning a mess.

"Well good morning!" I said. Tina looked at me, smiled, walked over with a bowl in her hand and kissed me on the lips, peanut butter on her breath. Kat sat laughing while she wiped up a mess with a paper towel. "I take it I missed something?"

"You sure did," Kat said walking to the kitchen to throw away the mess. "I woke up and went to the kitchen to grab some coffee and found Christie sitting on the couch with the bowl in her lap and a cupcake in her hand. When she looked up and saw me, with her face covered in peanut butter and crumbs, all she could get out was I maved hu kais mum. Which is Christy-talk for I saved you guys some. I fell to the floor laughing. When Tina came rushing out to see what was so funny, she saw Christy and started cracking up as well. We had no choice but to sit with her and indulge. We were finishing up when Tina told Christy she had some peanut butter on her nose. Well, Christie hadn't realized that she had some on her hand, as well. She basically wiped more all over her face. We were just cleaning up when you came out."

"It wasn't that funny," Christy said as she came back out, her face freshly washed.

"Really?" Tina asked. "It went from a dollop to virtually her whole face." She laughed, washing the bowl out.

"They're lying. It wasn't THAT bad," Christy said.

I chuckled, "Oh, really? How do you explain that little bit on your chin?" I asked.

"What, really?" she asked, as she wiped at her chin. I started laughing as I went and made myself a cup of coffee. She was confused at first, then glared at me. "That was mean," she said, as she sat back on the couch.

"Hey, I can make fun of you all I want. I just hooked you up with things you'd been craving," I said sitting on the other couch.

"I do have to admit, those noodles were really good," Tina said, as she sat next to me. "But those cupcakes were absolutely amazing. I didn't know you were such a great baker."

I laughed nervously. "Yeah...I, umm...don't really...you know...let everyone try my baking. I'm kind of self-conscious about it."

"But why? You have an amazing talent for it," Tina said. I actually felt my cheeks get warmer.

"Jimmy! Are you blushing?" Kat asked.

"N-no!" Was the only thing I could muster.

"Awww!! Such red cheeks!" Kat said, pretending to pinch one of my cheeks.

"You be quiet! I think it's kind of cute that he likes her so much, he gets embarrassed," Christie said softly hitting Kat's arm. I blushed even more.

"Guys... Tina is right here," I said, as they both giggled at my embarrassment.

"Yeah. And you aren't stuttering like the first couple of times I met you. I'm kind of impressed," Tina said with a smirk on her face.

"You too?" I asked turning to her. She smiled at me.

"No. Smurfing. Way. He stuttered when he met you?" Christie asked between laughing. "That's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Oh my gosh! Did he do it after you kissed him, too?"

Tina giggled. "Actually, he does it almost every time I kiss him," she told them.

"Do it right now. I want to see him squirm," Kat said laughing.

I jumped off of the couch. "Ok. You know what? I'm going to go make some breakfast for myself since it seems you guys already had sweets for breakfast."