24

It's been a day, and I'm sure all of my old 'friends' are aware I am back. I won't use my time turner knowing I will inevitably go back to that era of time soon. I guess this is just a good chance for me to sever my ties so they won't be attached if I leave.

With a deep breath, I glanced around my room, thankful Anne wasn't mumbling in anger in the corner. I take a book and then leave my room. Surprisingly (not) waiting by the door was Draco.

"Good morning... I thought I'd walk you to lunch." Draco says with a smile... that's weird... like really weird.

I give him a confused look. "Why?"

"Well, we are dating... we should act more like it. So..." Draco looks the other direction as he extends his hand towards me. His face was turned, but he had a light shade of pink on his ears.

Taking the hint, I grab his hand, causing him to jump. He turns to me and bites his lip from smiling. "So food?" I ask.

___________

I'm unsure why, but today, I feel extra emotional. I don't know if it's due to the impending doom of randomly going back in time at any given moment... or the fact that there is impending loneliness inside of me. I get my friends back, but... it feels as if their all going to die. The feeling of death isn't too bad. You don't really care anymore. Yet the feeling I will have to feel when someone close to me dies... that's the worst feeling I can ever imagine, and I've had my fair share of the crucio curse.

"You ok?" Draco asks.

Pansy scoffs. "Of course she is fine. She just wants attention." She then turns to Blaise, who was eating a sausage. "By the way, you owe me a butterbeer. I told you she'd come back in the day."

Blaise rolls his eyes and continues to consume the sausage. Yet I was more focused on why Pansy was so hateful towards me.

"Did I do something to you?" I ask, causing the people around us to go silent.

Pansy squints at me, "What?"

"You heard me. You have been nothing but an asshole to me the moment you found out about Draco and I." I start. Pansy was avoiding my eye contact, but I didn't really care. "Are you just jealous, or is something else? Because I'm sure if you're jealous, you shouldn't be."

Draco looks at me slightly offended, but Pansy scoffing makes the two of us turn our heads back to her. "As if I'd be jealous of an ugly rat who lived as a muggle for 11 years." She snaps.

Blaise is frozen mid bite of another sausage, while Draco gives Pansy a death glare.. which is odd because I thought he actually kind of liked her. I then realized Pansy kind of insulted me, so I looked at her with a smile.

"It was way longer than that, Pansy, yet your little brains probably comprehend stuff out of your little existence, so it's ok." I start, causing everyone's eyes to be burrowing into me. "In fact, I wouldn't mind living in the muggle world for the rest of my life. It's way more peaceful than this crazy wizarding world." I then place my hands on the table and stand up.

Draco stands up too, "Where are we going?" He asks, sort of awkwardly.

"I am going to a library, I haven't read a comic book in a while... didn't you mention you wanted to go watch the execution of buck beak?" I say, walking away from the table.

Draco laughs, "Oh, of course! I forgot that was today, I need to grab Crabbe and Goyal." He starts to go off into one direction but then quickly turns around. "When you're done getting your stupid books, meet me outside!"

I give him a fake smile, and we both turn our own ways. I don't know how this boy got so attached to me, but I guess abusive children have to cling to something.