Brad's Survival Arc: Part 1

A/N: Just wanted to put it out there that this is the last author's note I'll be writing until the very end of this book

A/N: Just wanted to put it out there that this is the last author's note I'll be writing until the very end of this book. I want to allow the chapters to flow well without you guys having to worry about additional information or things of that nature. While I don't have a specific count for how long this section will be, there will definitely be more than ten chapters.

Trigger warnings for the remainder of this book include: blood, verbal abuse, graphic violence, vomiting, brief talk of suicide, depictions regarding severe mental/emotional instability, and talk of past sexual assault. There will be a lot of unearthed trauma in this which stems from certain decisions which weren't made in the original storyline. Have your tissues ready.

While this section focuses on Marshall's struggles with his trauma, history, and familial issues, it will also be about Brad's livelihood as he gets accustomed to being a vampire; so there will be some chapters centered around him without Paul or Marshall making any appearances. I've never truly written in Brad's perspective before, so I'm excited to see how that will go!

Now, let's travel back in time to Eclipse with Brad's Survival Arc: Part 1! There will be a few references made to events that coincide with the original plot during this arc, so be mindful of that too. I hope you guys enjoy it, as well as the art up above of Brad wearing Marshall's clothes and using his hair tie! 😊

***

Marshall couldn't say for certain what happened.

One moment, he was allowing Brad to caress his cheek, coming to terms with the fact that the younger man was now a vampire. A creature walking around in a body whose freezing temperature felt warm to his best friend.

Next thing he knew, a woman from Victoria's army tried to approach them with the sole intention of putting an end to anyone standing in her way.

A ruthless need to protect awoke within Marshall. He would do anything, kill anything, for the people he cherished. Brad was no exception to that. Any obstacle, vampire or not, trying to bring about suffering was to be dealt with in the most appropriate fashion possible.

So, understanding the type of danger they were in, a split second decision was made.

Marshall tore himself away from gentle hands. He turned around to meet an incoming threat head on. A brutal tackle sent him and the assailant tumbling down a lengthy patch of grass multiple feet away. Attempts at harming each other were thwarted by not having enough freedom to maneuver their bodies in any controlled manner.

Fierce momentum gave the woman an opportunity to pin Marshall to the ground. She pulled her arm back to deal a fatal blow.

Brad appeared between them to use himself as a shield.

Marshall reacted by wrapping his arms around his friend's torso and using enhanced speed to roll in another direction.

The woman's fist still made contact. Because her trajectory changed as she was flung in a different direction, however, her hand didn't succeed in blowing a hole clean through her opponents' chests. Instead, she knicked their sides with the edges of her knuckles.