my favorite spider-woman

In this one-shot, you are spider-woman

____
5:45pm
New York City

I groaned as my body hit the pavement.

I was currently fighting a supervillain; and a large one at that. Though my suit does protect me from some of the impact or injuries I may receive— it's not enough to prevent every injury.

And that is exactly what happened here.

My opponent was too strong and his force caused me to topple over on the ground. He threw me once more through a store window, my body aching. I struggled, wincing as I tried to lift my body up. I clutched my side as a large cut from the glass bled into my suit and painted my hands.

'I can't give up.'

'They're all counting on me.'

A small crowd watched as I struggled to pull myself up. They murmured quietly, you couldn't make out the words but it didn't seem to be very encouraging.

You began to break down, hot tears falling. Your opponent walked slowly, his large, heavy feet thumping with each step as he reached closer. He took his time; because he knew that your body couldn't take much more. He knew that he could kill you. I mean— what's a little bug to him? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

A young boy pushed through the crowd and called out your name. You looked up to see your boyfriend, Walker.

"Come on Spiderwoman, you've got this!" He said, walking close to your side.

You turned your head away, your head hanging low and facing the ground. "No." You said, changing your voice slightly so that it wasn't recognizable to him.

"I c-can't do it." Your voice cracked. "I'm a failure.. I'm not strong enough. I'm sorry..."

Thump.

"You know, you remind me of someone. A funny, caring person. She always smiles every day and she always puts others before herself." He began.

Thump.

You looked up at him, the setting sun shining on your face. "I believe in you." He said.

"But what if I fail? What if I just keep messing up?"

Thump.

You looked into his eyes, the very eyes that you always found yourself lost in.

"Then you'll bounce back. Just like you always do."