CHAPTER 1

"Selah, let's go." Noa called me gently as I exited the room, carrying the suitcase that I always liked bringing whenever we go to distant places, and two backpacks.

Noa is my close friend. He is always with me in almost every place I go. Half of my life in this world, Noa has been my constant companion. His family and mine are close friends, so if you ask Noa about my life, he knows almost everything.

He has eyes that appear deep-set, which often convey intensity and emotion. His nose is often described as well-defined and sharp, contributing to his handsome and attractive features. His cheekbones are prominent, adding structure to his face and enhancing his overall facial symmetry, leading to a pair of expressive lips, which contribute to his charismatic and appealing smile. Noa is known for having a well-defined jawline that adds to his overall strong and masculine look, and known for his fit and toned physique, adding to his overall attractiveness.

In short. Gwapo si Noa.

Many are drawn to Noa's charming wit. Several have attempted to ask her out, but he has turned down almost all of them. Noa doesn't really explain why he rejects them. But if you ask me, Noa is too focused on the profession he is pursuing. Education is very important to him.

Sabi nga niya. Choosing to focus on my goals and education brings fewer problems than dealing with a complicated relationship.

Many also wish for us to be together, saying that we're a good match and that we could have a beautiful relationship, but we just ignore all of that.

Our minds are not yet in that kind of situation. We are more focused on what we are doing in our lives.

***

I am heading back to the Philippines now, also because of my grandmother's request.

Noa won't be able to come with me because he has a lot on her plate, finishing school works. He took up Architecture, and he is studying here in Dallas, one of the cities in Texas.

I grew up my entire life under the care of my grandparents, and now that my grandmother is ill, with just one call from her, I will come home immediately. I have also decided to continue my studies in the Philippines. I will finish this year, and then I will move to the Philippines, where my grandparents are.