Chapter Two: Unspoken Crisis

One week had passed since I confessed my feelings to Hermione, and the tension between us had only grown thicker. Ron and Hermione had made a conscious effort to avoid me, their interactions with each other becoming increasingly strained in my presence.

I couldn't help but feel like an outsider, watching from the sidelines as they laughed and whispered to each other, their bond seemingly unbreakable.

Would she ever be truly happy with me?

I found myself lost in thought during Transfiguration class, my attention drifting away from Professor McGonagall's lecture. Hermione sat beside Ron as usual, her expression distant and preoccupied. It was unlike her to be so unfocused, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Is Ron influencing her somehow?

As the lesson progressed, Hermione's usually sharp mind seemed to falter, her answers coming out muddled and confused. Ron tried to reassure her with whispered words and gentle touches, but she remained distracted, her gaze flickering to me every so often.

Desperate to get her attention, I turned to Ginny, engaging her in conversation and stealing glances at Hermione and Ron whenever I could. Ginny played along, her laughter ringing out in the otherwise quiet classroom as we exchanged fake affection for all to see.

But the moment Hermione and Ron broke apart from their own private moment, something unexpected happened.

Hermione stumbled backward, her face contorting in pain as she collapsed to the ground. Panic surged through me as I rushed to her side, Ginny following close behind.

"Help! Someone, please help us!" Ron's voice echoed in the room, cutting through the chaos.

"Get the professors!" I shouted, my heart pounding in my chest as I frantically scanned the room for help.

Thankfully, Professor McGonagall, Snape, and Madame Pomfrey arrived swiftly, their expressions grave as they assessed the situation. We explained what had happened, fear and worry evident in every word.

Madame Pomfrey wasted no time, ordering one of us to carry Hermione as we followed her to the hospital wing. Without hesitation, I lifted Hermione into my arms, her body limp and frail against mine.

I prayed she would be okay.

Once we reached the hospital wing, Madame Pomfrey immediately began her examination, her brow furrowed in concentration as she worked to determine Hermione's condition. Ron and I stood by anxiously, our hearts heavy with concern.

After what felt like an eternity, Madame Pomfrey emerged from Hermione's bedside, her expression grave.

"Now, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, I must inform you that Ms. Granger was dosed with a love potion," Madame Pomfrey announced, her voice grave and serious.

My blood ran cold at her words, a surge of anger and fear coursing through me. Who could have done such a thing to Hermione?

"But she's going to be okay, right?" Ron's voice trembled with worry.

Madame Pomfrey's expression softened slightly. "Physically, yes. But it seems Ms. Granger was allergic to powdered moonstone, a common ingredient in love potions. She's stable now, but she'll need time to recover."

Relief flooded through me, mingled with a fierce determination to find out who was responsible for hurting Hermione.

Whoever did this would pay dearly.