24

“Tae woke up!” Jimin stormed into Jungkook’s office where the boss was currently trying to occupy his mind. As soon as he heard the news, he stood up, rushing to the younger’s room. All the others men were there too, Yoongi was currently busy hugging his little brother, almost suffocating him.

Jungkook’s and Taehyung’s eyes met over Yoongi’s shoulder and Jeongguk wanted to do nothing more than to just rush to him, push Yoongi aside and kiss him senseless but of course he couldn’t do that. His heart started pounding when he saw the healthy glint in Taehyung’s eyes, rosy cheeks and smile on his lips.

“Now tell me what the hell happened?” Yoongi pulled back from Taehyung, looking at him expectantly.

“I…I don’t really remember much, hyung,” Taehyung sighed, trying to avoid an eye contact.

“Do you know who did it to you? Someone from some gang?” the older pressed.

“No, it was...it was just some thief, honestly,” Taehyung breathed out: “I just walked out of the atelier, wanted to go get something to eat and in some alley, guy surprised me and wanted my stuff. I refused and then he just pulled a gun and shot me.”

“What the fuck did I teach you? If you get attacked, just give them whatever the hell they want because you never know how dangerous they are! Money and shit can be missed, you can’t,” Yoongi frowned, suppressing an urge to yell at the younger. He was just happy that he was alright, although he was pissed off that Taehyung was so stubborn and stupid.

The others knew it was bullshit. Everyone who knew he was involved with Jungkook knew that this was just an excuse he probably came up with before he was injured to have some story in case he survived. Jungkook ached to talk to him and learn the truth.

“Good thing he didn’t pass right away and managed to call me,” Seokjin jumped in nonchalantly: “I was able to find him quickly and take him home.”

Jungkook eyed him subtly, silently thanking him for taking it on himself.

“Yeah, thanks, hyung,” Taehyung nodded, looking at the oldest before his eyes slipped to Jungkook for a second.

“Okay, I think he should rest for a while,” Namjoon clapped and then looked at Yoongi: “And you should go get some rest, he is awake and you know he’s alright now.”

“Yeah, hyung, you look like shit, you could use some rest,” Taehyung grinned teasingly, earning a glare from the older.

“Okay, I suppose I can sleep well now,” Yoongi sighed. He hasn’t slept properly in days and now that he knew Taehyung was alright, he could find some rest.

Jungkook smiled subtly at Namjoon, knowing what his brother was doing. He knew he wanted to be alone with Taehyung so he urged Yoongi out.

They all left slowly, Jungkook left too because it’d be suspicious but as soon as everyone disappeared either in their room or in the kitchen, he slipped back to Taehyung’s room.

“Now spill it,” Jungkook glared at Taehyung, not too strictly but still seriously.

“But Gukkie,” Taehyung whined.

“None of that,” Jungkook frowned, sitting on the chair next to his bed. He took his hand like hundred times before when he was sleeping, kissing it. Then he looked him in the eyes, softer this time: “I am happy you are okay, god, you have no idea how damn hard these past couple of days were but that is one more reason why you owe me an explanation, Tae. I don’t buy that bullshit with a thief, you stole my gun and I found you in a fucking construction building, so spill it. The truth, who did you meet with and what were you up to?”