56

Disclaimer: I, Malcolm, am not responsible for any heart issues you may endure during this chapter. Viewer discretion is advised to those on the sensitive side, grab your tissues. 

-

Zac helped Fatima out the car, ensuring her dress was not stuck to her and she look alright. "Are you gonna come with me?" She asked turning around as he leaned against the limo, he shook his head no. "I don't think your first time talking to your mother should be with me." She nodded her head understanding it. "Are you gonna wait for me though?" 

"You think Imma leave you here by yourself? Imma wait right here, no matter how long it takes, so take your time and I hope you find peace from this beautiful." He genuinely spoke, he never  had deaths in his family which is why Papa Louis health had him scared the most, but he knew Fatima lack of sleep stemmed from her mother. He hoped with her coming to talk to her right now would help her. 

"Thank you for everything." She whispered. "Hold on." He knocked on the driver side window before it rolled down the window revealing Mike, he was gone for a few months on a whole nother assignment but he is back with Zac full time. Fatima is almost at the point where she won't be driving and he wants Mike to drive her around. Mike has an extensive history in the military as well as private security detail so if anything ever happens, Mike is there to protect Fatima. 

Zac reached inside the window grabbing two bouquets of flowers; dandelions and white roses before walking over to Fatima. "These are for your mother from me." He spoke as she grabbed them, she could tell they were real expensive from how fresh and vibrant they looked, almost like they were hand picked today. 

"How did you know?" She asked him, he smirked thinking back on their conversations a few months ago. Zac was a real nice and genuine guy but unfortunately he had a few flaws his main one being terrible decision making skills but he is actively working on it with the help of his therapist. "I may not make the best decisions when it comes to us, but I make damn sure to always listen to you." He truthfully spoke to her. 

Flashback

"What's your favorite flower?" He asked randomly, noticing over the past few weeks she has been doing exterior work in the yard and even seen a few flowers inside but there wasn't a specific flower she had. It was just random ones.

"Uhmmm...I love white roses but my all time favorite is dandelions."

"Why all time favorite?" He asked scooting closer to her, grabbing her hand that was stretched out. Physical touch was something he needed from her right now.

"My dad used to take me to the dandelion fields a lot growing up, it was peaceful. I would take my journal out there and write about any and everything that came to mind. Depending on the season and the day, he would help me catch fireflies in a jar and then as we drove home at night, I would let them go feeling bad that I stole them from their family." She expressed as she began to think back on parts of her childhood that she remembered, it wasn't many memories, but the ones she did remember always brought tears to her eyes for some unknown reason.

"Sounds beautiful." He whispered softly and she nodded in agreement. Her mind began to think before something that happened yesterday crossed her mind, she jumped out scaring both Zac and Junior as they stared at her. "I just solved the case!"

Flashback over

Once Henry told him where Fatima was going, he knew exactly what he needed to do. Although they unintentionally went a week without speaking to each other, Zac was getting himself together before speaking with her, he had to make sure he had proof of everything, knowing she wouldn't believe his word anyways. Henry helped Zac understand a little bit about her mother, Olivia, and Zac took it upon himself to show up for her. Henry didn't even know he was going to Chicago, but Zac was ready to get his family back by any means.