Day -7 (Prologue)

💘💘💘

February, the Love Month.

Finally, their school looks a lot more like a romantic one, and a lot less like the medieval desolate castle it is.

Kim Sunoo spies on Yang Jungwon, and it is day 69 since he had started. Sunoo snorts at the number like a middle schooler. He had looked around, and no one had seen him, as per usual. However, tonight, most students were captivated by the gargoyles flying around to hang pink flowers on the walls and red hearts on doors, much to the teachers' dismay.

Sunoo smiles at the Valentine's themed corridors each time he walks through them.

"- Lovely." He blushes. "- Don't you agree?"

Across from him, the tea in its cup jitters mildly, and Sunoo smiles softly.

Again, Yang Jungwon enters their dining hall with yet another blue, shimmering rose between his fingers. He keeps it neigh his lips, and while most would think he is softly inhaling its fragrance, only a few know that blue roses have none, and fewer would catch on when he feebly juts out his lips to kiss the blue petals.

"- Truly lovely..." He sighs again. He rests his cheek on his palm and glances at the empty chair across his own. "- See, that is what romance is about."

The little spoon inside the teacup starts to turn round and round, and Sunoo lets out another sigh.

Yang Jungwon was now dismissing curious students and their questions with a mysterious smile and no answers at all. Sunoo wishes he could talk to him himself, yet he did not want to look like those hungry students, who only seemed to feed on gossip. In truth, Sunoo was simply a fan of Yang Jungwon's love story.

"- How to do this? Do you think this valentines would shed some light on this sweet and wholesome loves story?" He asks as he holds the cutlery again and starts to slice the chocolate cake they have been provided as dessert tonight.

"- Talking to thyself again, arencha?"

Sunoo rolls his eyes and puts down the knife and the fork calmly.

"- I'm not alone." He frowns as he turns around. "- You will offend him."

The boy, a stupid Frankenstein monster, snorts and looks at the table Sunoo currently sits at. Sunoo cannot remember his name, no matter how many times he has come to mock him about the exact same thing.

"- Even so, that bastard isn't the kind to be offended." He clicks his tongue once. "- If I catch him..." He whispers.

"- Ha! Listen, now." The girl who came with him slings an arm over his shoulder and starts to cackle. She is a witch that Sunoo has never seen with the bully before. "- I don't think that dimwitted ghost has the right to sit with such a gorgeous mummy!"

"- ... Oh." Sunoo utters. "- Oh...!" He then blushes. It was not uncommon for him to receive such bold praises, yet he, in this case, was bracing himself for some insult that never came.

The boy pushes the witch away.

"- Did you actually come to flirt with him?" He scolds her, yet she only laughs behind her hand.

"- What about it? I have a thin' or two for bandages." She laughs loudly, and Sunoo is quite puzzled about her true intentions. "- Seriously, Sunoo, you should come join us." She winks.

"- Not at all." Sunoo refuses politely. "- ... Thank you."

Her eyes flicker to the empty chair across from Sunoo.

"- It's a shame." She says simply. Then, just like that, she walks away.

"- You better sleep with one eye open, bandage-boy." The bizarre bully snarks before stomping his feet on the ground as he follows his friend.