Day -4

(BEFORE YOU START, DEAREST READER, PLEASE DO CHECK THIS VERY HELPFUL AND BRIEF SPOOKY GUIDE TO SCARECROWS IN THIS WORLD, SINCE JAY'S CHARACTER IS A SCARECROW, THANKYOU).

💌💌💌

The five crows croaking evenly on one of the four towers’ roofs fly off with loud cries, and Yang Jungwon’s ink black crow jolts awake from his deep slumber on his shoulder to fly away as well. Yang Jungwon turns around curiously, and Jay glances down at his shoes, and the way his high-heels move swift and subtle, just like some pretty footwork of a cute choreography.

The wedges shoes were Jay’s favorite, and even more so if with an ankle strap, preferably crossed, the heels mildly high and pumps, closed toe, even though the witch never wears the open toe ones. Jay cares not, he bets his toes are as pretty as his dollish fingers.

But honest to himself, Jay closes his eyes and holds his hand to his chest; even the platform pumps Yang Jungwon wears turn his head upside down. He never lets their eyes meet however, and retreats as soon as the witch looks in his direction.

Jay hides quickly behind one of the pillars of the many open hallways skirting the backyard of the school, yard that Yang Jungwon trespasses with some other witches.

“- I guess some scarecrow is wandering around here.” A witch snorts. Jay holds his breath; wandering around with his pumpkin helmet on surely was convenient to hide his face from everyone, yet it scared crows a little too much and even the farthest ones, working a lot like a trigger warning, and alarming not only crows but also revealing his presence to the people around.

He cannot hear any word from his love interest; another failure to have an idea about his opinion on scarecrows in general, yet preferably hybrid scarecrows in specific.

Yang Jungwon talks very calmly and quietly, that is why his voice, albeit no one was around at this hour of the night, and Jay himself stood not so far from the group, could not be heard clearly, sounding no different from mumbling sounds of an insecure and webbed butterfly*.

(*Idiom proper to this world: insecure and webbed butterfly is used to refer to someone who is very discreet but has a charming way of holding themselves).

“- Noooooooooooooooo! I am no such atrocious creature!

Jay frowns at the new voice, new because it sounded a lot different from a girl’s and only girls witches were accompanying Yang Jungwon for the moment present. However, the voice is like the strange lyrics and melody of a song one did not know he knew of until they’ve heard a snippet of it.

“- Your Highness!” One of the witches yells, sounding very ironically like a crow’s croak.

“- Hello, ladies.”

“- Ugh.” Jay huffs despite himself. Prince Lee Heeseung was the most infuriating prince and most infuriating vampire Jay has ever encountered in his life. The only instances where the two had interacted were a plethora of magisterial catastrophes, only because Prince Lee’s blatant snub towards Scarecrows was overbearingly ridiculous and shameless.

“- And, the pretty witch boy.”

Jay frowns deeper. Prince Lee, well-known for his disgustingly straight ass, has never combined pretty + boy in the same phrase. What’s more to it, whispers and mumbles arise, and footsteps are heard. The hallways are soon crowded, and Jay pushes himself away from the pillar to look less of a suspiciously hiding scarecrow.

Students start to ‘oooooooooooh’ around the backyard, and some glance briefly at Jay when the bypass him. This was worryingly strange; Prince Lee’s voice sounded way too flirty to be a casual compliment. What if he is currently making heart eyes at HIS witch?