CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2: Stealing the shrink ray

STREET - NIGHT

Meanwhile in the streets, The moon shines brightly in the sky. With the three girls walking in the dark streets. The girls walk down the sidewalk with the girl wearing a beanie leaping from puddle to puddle when suddenly

*SPLASH!*

When the girl leap she gets water all over the girl with glasses.

"Oh, Edith! Stop it!" The girl with four eyes scolded before continue walking.

"What? I'm just walking." Edith said while blowing raspberry to the girl with glasses. The three girls enter the orphanage with MISS HATTIE'S HOME FOR GIRLS sign with it

The three girls walk in reception area features pink flowery wallpaper and pink furniture and perfectly stacked displays of boxes of Miss Hattie's Cookies. The girls line up behind the yellow line before they call out.

"Hi, Miss Hattie. We're back." The three girls said.

Suddenly a fat woman wearing pink slide in her table and look at them in poker face.

"Hello, girls." Ms. Hattie said in sweet tone.

"Anybody come to adopt us while we were out?" Agnes said while tip-toeing in the table.

"Hmmm, let me think.... No." Ms. Hattie said in firm tone slamming her fist in the table. Making the girls looks down in disappointment. Suddenly Edith happily places a BALL OF MUD on Miss Hattie's desk. Miss Hattie stares before losing her temper.

"Edith! What did you put on my desk?" Ms. Hattie asked, trying to be calm.

"A mud-pie." Edith said proudly. Miss Hattie looks Edith right in the eyes before leaning back im her chair.

"You're never going to get adopted Edith. You know that, don't you?" Ms. Hattie said to her.

"Yeah, I know." Edith said in sadness in her tone.

"Good." Miss Hattie said before she slides the mud-pie out of the way.

"So how did it go, girls? Did we meet our quotas?"

"Um, sorta. We sold 43 minty mints, 30 choco swirlies and 18 coconutties." The girl with glasses or Margo said in proud.

Miss Hattie stares back at the girls. This clearly isn't enough to her liking.

"Okay, well, you say that like it's a great sale day." Ms. Hattie sigh before standing up and walking around them

"LOOK AT MY FACE! DO YOU STILL THINK IT'S A GREAT SALE DAY???" Ms. Hattie said in angry voice at the girls who is looking down.

"Eighteen coconutties... I think we can do a little better than that, don't you? Yeah, we wouldn't want to spend the weekend in the Box of Shame, would we? No." Ms. Hattie said as she hung the picture in the wall.

"No, Miss Hattie." The girls said in same time.

"Okay. Good. Off you go! Go clean something of mine." She smiles before clapping, sending the girls off.

The girls pass by a cardboard box labeled "Box of Shame" with a small hole cut out of one side, through which the face of a small child can be made out.

"Hi, Penny." They greet before going out in the room.

"Hi, guys." Penny said.

Daylight pass as Gru drives his enormous car down the street with Felix in the back of the seat.