28 - blurted

messages

jules - letty 💛
theo - teddy 💕

letty 💛
teddy are u free rn
i think we need to talk

teddy 💕
is everything ok bella

letty 💛
yeah it's fine i just need to talk to
you about something

teddy 💕
ofc letty

letty 💛
astronomy tower?

teddy 💕
want me to meet outside ur common room?

letty 💛
im there now 😭
i'll see you in a bit yeah

teddy 💕
im omw now cara mia
see you in ten

irl

theo was a little out of breath by the time he'd reached the astronomy tower, most likely due to him practically jogging to get there. the tone of juliet's messages had him a little worried, his fingers were crossed hoping she wasn't calling this (whatever this is) off. theo didn't think he'd be able to cope with that.

he saw her sitting at the edge, feet dangling off as she stared out into the scenery, seemingly lost in thought. as though feeling his eyes on her, jules quickly turned around, eyes meeting immediately. theo felt a little reassured when he saw the smile that spread across her face, and how her eyes lit up at the sight of him. he was nervous though— he'd never been on the receiving end of 'the talk', always the one breaking things off instead.

theo hadn't moved yet, simply admiring the blonde as she got up and made her way over to him.

jules realised one of her favourite things was hugging theo, she's sure it would change when they kissed, but of course he was a little slow to initiate anything. her love language had always been touch. their height difference wasn't awful, but theo still practically towered over jules, her having to stand on her tiptoes to wrap her arms around his neck, as he bent down slightly. jules had always hated the smell of cigarettes, but on theo, they didn't seem that bad. in fact she thought it complimented him very well.

both were reluctant to pull away, relishing in the touch and peaceful atmosphere that would soon disappear once the awkward conversation began, a tension both were expecting. jules, as usual, was the first to pull away, brown eyes looking up at theo.

she cleared her throat, and immediately the awkwardness had arrived— jules had no idea how to voice her questions without sending too desperate, and theo was certain she wanted to take a step back. neither were looking forward to this at all.

"why haven't you kissed me?" jules blurted out all of a sudden, not at all in the way she had hoped, "or made anything official? there's been plenty of opportunities, and nothings happened. am i doing something wrong?"

theo just stood there, shocked— this was not at all how he was expecting the conversation to go.

jules took his silence as a bad sign, continuing to talk when she should really just shut up, "am i unkissable, is that the issue? or are you not into this anymore? which is fine obviously, i won't begrudge you for that, but you should probably just tell me sooner rather than later— i don't want to get too attached, though it's probably a bit late now. im going to shut up now, because you look a little angry."