^^Prologue^^

"Pantherstar! I'm happy you made it!" Hopelight touched noses with the past leader. She remembered the old days back in EmberClan. His intelligent blue eyes and her soft and shy medicine cat personality. He was there for her, even on her worst days. Even when she'd dumped him for someone else. Hopelight wouldn't forget what terrible things he had done to him.

He was always good to me, Hopelight thought softly.

"I couldn't miss it." He smiled, and touched noses with Hopelight.

"Pantherstar, we don't know who to choose." Hawk's Cry looked at him pleadingly, his past medicine cat interior showing. Pantherstar's warm smile faded. And he looked back at the group of cats that crowded around the starry puddle. Hopelight felt her paws soak into the dewy grass on the hunting grounds. She was the only cat here who wasn't a medicine cat or leader. Why would they choose her to come? Well, she was a medicine apprentice once. But she gave it up to have kits with Pinefrost. The arrogant tom who dumped her. Hopelight was still pregnant with his kits though, and Pantherstar (Panthernight, at the time) had comforted her and took care of her kits. 

"I think one of the four cats should be Falconbreeze." Pantherstar meowed at once. Hopelight thought she could see a hint of determination in his expression, "He's proved that he is a strong leader and he's lead EmberClan through hard times, even just as deputy." Hopelight heard yowls of agreement, and Pantherstar cracked a smile at the crowd's contentment with him. Hopelight watched as he turned to Flamestar.

 Hopelight watched as he turned to Flamestar

 "It's your turn, Flamestar."

Flamestar nodded to Pantherstar as he dipped his head, "Iceclaw, Falconbreeze's half brother, is a smart and loyal tom who thinks strategy. There's no doubt that Iceclaw would risk his life for EmberClan. He's my choice." Flamestar was a wise tom who had amazing hunting skills. Hopelight wished she knew what to do in tough decisions like the past leader. He could be in the harshest of leaf-bare, but he would know what to do. 

Yowls of agreement sounded from Pantherstar and Hawk's Cry. Hopelight found herself cheering as well. She respected his choice.

"Now I'll pass it onto you Hawk's Cry." Flamestar turned his head and his fluffy tail motioned for the medicine cat to speak. 

"I think Lilywing is the right choice. Lilywing is brave and doesn't give up. She knows what's right and she showed skills in training. Lilywing is the right choice for our third cat, I believe." Hawk's Cry announced, his starry blue eyes were known for shining in StarClan's moonlight. The medicine cat smiled warmly at Hopelight, it must've been a medicine cat thing because all the medicine cats she knew mimicked that smile. 

"It's your turn, Hopestar." Hawk's Cry repeated. Hopelight's thoughts got back on course.

"Wait- I have a say in this?" Hopelight's eyes widened. She wouldn't choose herself any day to choose a prophecy cat! She closed her eyes, and saw visions of two she-cats: a small light brown warrior and a white medicine cat apprentice

Gryffindusk or Whitepaw? She thought.

Gryffindusk, was a brave and courageous she-cat. She'd risked her own life to go look for an apprentice taken away by a hawk, Gryffindusk deserved this.

"Gryffindusk has my vote." Hopelight meowed.

P