sept

Forks, WA, December 16th, 2006

As the Dupuis coven began to pull in along the driveway of the Cullen home, Estelle could not help the thought that there were far too many shining and clear windows on the property. 

She could admit the property was well kept and attractive to the eye, but it was nothing compared to the standards that their coven had set for themselves over their long years. 

Marion and Hugo had grown with certain clear expectations and their apparent death and revival did not change the standards of their taste. Estelle, of course, had not grown with equal extravagance, but her maman always made sure to provide for her the best. After her own rebirth, she received the world that her family could give to her earnestly. 

Estelle knew the had she truly remained with Emmett as he had at one point originally begged, she would have been settling for a lifestyle that would not make her truly happy. The possibility of love and romance did not automatically assure that she would remain anything further than content. Estelle could not settle for a life where she was simply content. 

Hugo pulled the car to a still beside one equally as expensive with dark tinted windows. Another of Carlisle friends whom he has likely begged to appear as well. He cut the engine and faced his younger sister. 

Her maman gazed up into the window facing them steadily, tracing the figures that stood still as they likely waited for their entry. 

"The Denali are here," she breathes softly.

Estelle wrinkles her nose slightly. Turning to Thomas beside her, she explains, "Sister older than maman and any of the Cullens. Three sisters and another couple who've joined them. Tanya, Kate, and Irina, as well as Carmen and Eleazar." 

"Do we need to worry about them?" he asks softly. 

"No," Marion disagrees instantly, "They were friends once. Besides, Carlisle promised that we are free to leave should we choose to." 

Hugo opens his door. "Let's head inside then, shall we?" 

Marion sighs, rolling her eyes fondly at her brother. "Yes, let's get this over with." 

Estelle follows closely behind them, flexing her fingers twice as she resists the urge to grab onto her maman's sleeve as though she was still a young child. She could not shake the anxious feeling that welled in the pit of her stomach and simmered up her throat that told her they nought to not remain here. 

The urge to lash out at the first of them who looked at any of them the wrong way was hard to ignore. They were the family of Rosalie and Emmett. They would have so many opinions. When Estelle had demanded that Carlisle change the blonde so many years ago, she did not expect that she would go on to break her maman's heart instantly. 

Marion lead them into the home, not bothering to announce herself as they all knew that they knew she was here. 

Following the tense hush that radiated the discomfort of everyone involve, Marion entered into the sitting room with all the grace and confidence of a woman that knew maintained control. Estelle slid in close to her side, followed by Hugo. Thomas, it was decided, would stay behind them. 

The home carried a strange odour. Something revolting like lingering wet dog and stale blood. With it, there was the odd sound like a kept hummingbird and the steady heartbeats that were hiding somewhere nearby. 

Tanya and Kate remained near the windows together. The later of the sister held her hands loosely, as if prepared to attack. Estelle loosened her own stance and held her head high. Carmen and Eleazar were seated on a sofa to the side. They offered welcoming smiles upon their entries.