Chapter 57

The silence of the dark room was broken with the panting of the man who jolted up straight. His face was shining with all the sweat beads trickling down his forehead. One of the most terrible nightmare till date. He was taking deep breaths to calm himself down when he felt a hand rubbing his back. The dark room was lit up with the soft yellow light. Azlaan closed his eyes feeling her warmth, Mehreen wrapped her arms around him comforting him.

Mehreen was sleeping in his arms when she felt moments, feeling discomfort she woke up to see Azlaan having a nightmare, she tried her best to comfort him by caressing his head and holding his hands but at last he jolted up.

" Hmm, paani." Mehreen passed a glass to Azlaan when he relaxed.
(Hmm, water.)

Azlaan quitely took a few sips and gave the glass back to her.

" Feeling better?" Mehreen asked.

" Yes." Azlaan nodded slowly.

" You wanna talk about it Azlaan?" Mehreen asked.

" I-I don't know." Azlaan mumbled laying down with his head on her lap.

Mehreen quickly supported her back with the head rest and made him comfortable.

" You know when I had nightmares because of my friends, I didn't told anyone." Mehreen said caressing his head.

" Why?" Azlaan asked looking at her.

" Mujhe lga sbb pehle hi mere liye itne pareshan hain, main Orr pareshan nhi krna chahti thi. Phir ek din Sahil heard me crying." Mehreen was talking looking at him.
(I thought everyone is already worried for m, I didn't wanted to worry them more. Then one day Sahil heard me crying.)

" Phir?"
(Then?)

" Phir he woke me up, mujhe paani pilaya Orr phir main use gale lgg ke khub royi. Pta hai maine kya dekha tha?" Mehreen asked.
(Then he woke me up, he gave me water and then I cried so much hugging him. Do you know what I saw?)

" Kya?"
(What?)

" Maine dekha tha k jb maine ammi abbu ko sbb btaya, toh kisine mera yaqeen nhi kiya. Everyone blamed me except for Sahil. Main ekdm toot gyi thi uske baad se."
(I saw that when I told Mom Dad, then no one believed me.)
(After that I was extremely broken.)

" Toh Sahil ne kya kiya?"
(Then what did Sahil do?)

" Usne? Usne mujhe khub daanta, he said k mujhe nightmares isliye aa rhe hain kyunki I have kept everything inside me. Main apni feelings share nhi kr rhi thi. I needed to vent out everything." Mehreen said slowly.
(He? He scolded me a lot, he said that I'm getting nightmares because I've kept everything inside me. I wasn't sharing my feelings.)

" Toh tumne kya kiya?"
(Then what you did?)

" Sahil ki baat maan li. Next day I told each and everything to ammi-abbu, Sahil ko pehle hi pta tha. They listened to me patiently, wo log mujhe samjhe Phir mujhe smjhaya. And that was the bestest risk I ever took. Mere nightmares sch me khtm hogye!!" Mehreen smiled at last.
(I heard to Sahil. Next day I told each and everything to mom dad, Sahil already knew. They listened to me patiently, they understood me them they made me understand.)
(My nightmares actually ended.)

" Reallyy?" Azlaan asked surprised.

" That was the day I actually moved on! Jo peechhe chhoot gya, maine bhi chhod diya. I looked forward, main apni saari zindagi un log k liye waste nhi kr skti thi. Sahil was with me all the time, he stood like a shield. Mujhe time lga nye environment me nye school me adjust hone me, but I did. Though I never made a friend except for Aly, he was just different. He approached me for friendship and I couldn't say no! Phir uske baad toh dost mujhe bnaya Tanya ne. And then I learnt the actual meaning of friendship. And today I have the bestest of friends." Mehreen said smiling.
(Which was left behind I too left it. I looked forward, I couldn't waste my whole life for them.)
(It took time for me to adjust in new school, new environment, but I did.)
(Then after that Tanya made me friend.)