Chapter. 18

The helicopter land somewhere in the middle of an ocean on the structure far more huge and bigger than any oil drilling rig. Dr. Kemp and Waylon stepped out and walk into the nearby guarded door. Nobody asked them for any security clearance. They just walked into the building.

After taking the main elevator, dr. Kemp scanned his retina, the elevator automatically close, and began to move down. It stop in a underwater facility where few guard were sitting on the chairs, they stood up right as the saw Dr. Kemp and Waylon.

"Office on the deck," one of the guard pronounced it loud and the rest of the guard stood upright and salute.

A man came out of the guarded door in a gray suit and a cheap tie around his neck.

"The board was waiting for you doctor," said the man in gray suit.

Dr. Kemp stepped inside the room, Waylon was coming with him, the men in the suit blocked his way,

"I am sorry only board members are allowed in the meeting," he said.

Waylon have no powers on these grounds, he stepped back and agreed to wait outside with the rest of the guards.

Dr. Kemp was alone in the room.

It was a blank room, no chairs or table. A screen was place on the wall in front of him where he was standing. Right above that screen there was a camera mounted on the ceiling facing right toward the endurance door. A silhouette appear on the screen, no eyes no face or anything recognizable.

"What is the status of the project doctor?" said the distorted voice coming the speakers.

"The facility has be compromised but most of our experiment has shown positive results," said Dr. Kemp.

"What about the project? Is ready for field tests?" asked the silhouette on the screen.

"We have achieved the target results for the first level. The effect of radiation exposure was zero on subjects; they have developed immunity against it, but the virus has somehow mutated, the factor are still under study."

"What about the command quarter?"

"It need sensitization," said Dr. Kemp, "some of over test subject manage to escape during an insurgency attack."

"Why are you suggesting sensitization for the command quarter doctor?"

"As far as we found, that the virus still have ability to replicated, it didn't stay as the part of the host whose being injected with it. In simple words it's contagious like any other viral infections. If my calculations are right now there are dozens of host are in that quarter and if we don't go for the sensitization, the virus will took over the connected sectors and nearby quarters as well within 24 hours of cycle."

"Do you have the research data with you doctor?" asked silhouette.

He raise his briefcase towards the screen, "it all here with me, save and secure."

"Very well doctor, you may now proceed to the level two of this project, rest is all collateral damage."