Denial

As Alexandra lay on her bed, her gaze fixed upon the ornate ceiling above, her mind churned with the weight of the prince's words. "They deserve to die, right?" she murmured to herself, the question echoing in the confines of her thoughts like a haunting refrain. With each repetition, uncertainty gnawed at her conscience, leaving her adrift in a sea of moral ambiguity.

Lost in her contemplation, Alexandra was startled from her reverie by a soft knock at the door. Startled, she glanced towards the entrance, where the prince stood with a gentle smile, extending an invitation to join him downstairs for a meal. With a hesitant nod, Alexandra accepted, her thoughts still swirling with the weight of the prince's words.

Descending the grand staircase, Alexandra found herself seated at the lavish dining table, surrounded by the prince and his courtiers. As the meal progressed, she pushed her food around her plate absently, her mind consumed by the internal turmoil that threatened to overwhelm her.

Sensing her distraction, the prince turned to her with concern etched upon his features. "Is everything alright, Alexandra?" he inquired, his voice tinged with genuine concern.

For a moment, Alexandra hesitated, unsure of how to articulate the turmoil that churned within her. But with a forced nod, she assured the prince that she was fine, unwilling to burden him with the weight of her doubts.

Yet, as the meal continued, Alexandra's unease only deepened as she listened to the prince's casual conversation with his companions. With a sense of dread sinking in her stomach, she watched in silence as the prince boasted of his actions, proclaiming to the table that he had killed a thief and thereby solved a problem plaguing the palace.

The revelation struck Alexandra like a blow to the chest, her breath catching in her throat as she struggled to comprehend the implications of the prince's words. In that moment, the facade of benevolence that had once cloaked the prince's actions crumbled away, revealing the darkness that lurked beneath.

Alexandra excused herself quietly from the dinner table, her appetite diminished by the unsettling revelations that had unfolded during the meal. With a heavy heart, she retreated to the sanctuary of her chamber, seeking solace in the familiar confines of her room.

As she settled into the soft embrace of her bed, her thoughts swirled with a tempest of emotions, grappling with the weight of the prince's callous words and the darkness that lurked beneath his charming facade. Lost in her contemplation, she failed to notice the ominous presence that lingered just beyond her sight.

Unbeknownst to Alexandra, a dark shadow watched her from afar, its malevolent gaze fixated upon her with a chilling intensity. Cloaked in the shadows of the palace corridors, it slithered silently through the darkness, its intentions obscured by the veil of night.

As Alexandra sought solace in the depths of her magical powers, attempting to conjure a sense of comfort to ease the weight of her troubled mind, she was abruptly halted by a voice that pierced through the stillness of the room.

"Alexandra, stop," the voice commanded, its tone gentle yet commanding. Startled, Alexandra turned to face the source of the interruption, her eyes widening in astonishment as she beheld a sight unlike any she had seen before.

Before her stood a cute rabbit, its fur aglow with an otherworldly radiance that seemed to shimmer with magical energy. Alexandra blinked in disbelief, her mind struggling to comprehend the surreal scene unfolding before her.

"Who... who are you?" Alexandra stammered, her voice trembling with uncertainty.

The rabbit regarded her with knowing eyes, its gaze filled with a wisdom that belied its small stature. "I am a friend," it replied simply, its voice a soothing melody that echoed in the silence of the room.