Tip 2: keep calm and stop playing dumb

"I swear it was an accident!" Samuel turned to face me

"I swear it was an accident!" Samuel turned to face me. He carefully reached out to my hand, the one with a broken nail. "Believe me, it meant nothing."

I took my eyes off my broken nail and looked straight into his. His eyes were agitated, unable to stick to one point. He seemed as heartbroken as I was, but there is no way he would feel the same pain. With his free hand, Samuel wiped away the tears streaming down my cheeks. And despite the situation, I couldn't prevent my skin from reacting to his warm touch. I unconsciously leaned my head in his hand, and when I noticed what I was doing, I stood up and walked away from him. From them.

"Did you sleep together?" I tried to keep a calm tone, but my voice was trembling. There was no more point asking, but I needed to hear it from them. Deep down, I still had hope I was mistaken.

"Missa, it's not like that..."

"Did you sleep together?" I raised a hand to keep him from coming closer. "It is a yes or no question, Samuel. Did you sleep together, yes or no?"

"It happened only once," Nina turned to face me, hands joined as if she was praying.

"It was really an accident..."

"How the hell could your dick accidentally end up going back and forth in my best friend's vagina?" I raised my voice. I was losing my temper, it should not happen.

I excused myself and disappeared in Clara's bedroom. She was still asleep, curled around a white teddy bear twice her size. I looked at her small figure and tears rolled down my cheeks. She was so pretty, so alike her father. At only eighteen months, she was already aware of her charm and capable of using it to obtain what she wanted from people. I was happy she didn't inherit my insecurities. When she was born, I went through a postpartum depression, and back then Samuel was the pillar I leaned on to be back on my feet. He has always been perfect, I sometimes wondered how I managed to end up with such a great man. Turns out he had his own flaws.

When I managed to dry all my tears, I walked back in the living room to find them arguing about something. As soon as they saw me, they shut up. I looked at them for a few seconds, and thought they would form a beautiful couple. They had the same carnations and what I called a perfect height difference: with flat shoes, Nina just reached his shoulders. Samuel also had a perfect model figure, light muscular body chiseled by a regular workout routine. I often teased him saying he would become crazy rich and popular if he were to shoot for Kalvin Klein boxers. They also had the same strong natural presence, the kind that drove people's attention on them whenever they walked in a place. In fact, they perfectly embodied couples we could see in classic spicy romance novels or movies. Both hot and beautiful in their early thirties, ambitious and quite successful. I quickly glanced at our wedding picture hanging on the wall, and even with all the wedding attire, we were no match. Sa-Ni 1 VS 0 Sa-Mi.

I wiped that thought away and sat in the armchair. Samuel came closer and sat on the couch next to me, but Nina stayed up a few meters away. She better stayed away, because a broken nail could hurt more than a perfectly manucured one.