Bonus: you will be fine very soon

Six months later

Six months later

"And that's it for today, good job guys!" Karen clapped her hands and everyone followed her.

I was completely drenched in sweat, but I felt extremely good. I've been taking these dance classes for a few months, and even though I would probably never reach a competition level, I felt my skills highly improved.

I grabbed my bag on the ground and emptied a bottle of water in one go. My phone vibrated through the bag, I grabbed it and read a message from Mrs Kwashie in the general announcement channel, reminding people of the quarterly town hall in two days.

Mrs Kwashie, contrary to what I thought, was a kind and sweet woman. She was affectionately called the office mother. She told me on my first day that she had to be a little harsh, to see how I would react. Most of the managers in the company were quite harsh, and she had to make sure I could keep up with them and not freak out at any mean remark.

Another message popped out. It was Samuel informing me that he'd just picked up Clara at my mother's place. It was Friday evening, he was having Clara for the weekend. He would bring her back to my parents place on Monday morning.

When I informed my mother about our divorce, she threw a tantrum. I thought she would take it better after my stand-up, but she was certain I was just angry at the moment and I would 'come back to my sense'. She tried all she could to make me change my mind. She even threatened to disown me. But my father intervened for the first time.

"I will be the one to disown you if you don't get that damn divorce, Missa!"

Even today, she still tells me I did a big mistake, but I didn't care that much. We all make mistakes, if that was a mistake. But no matter what she thought of the situation, she still agreed to take care of Clara. At least Clara had all her love.

I put the phone back in the bag and walked out of the building. I was going to walk home. I got myself an apartment in the neighbourhood to get closer to work, and since the dance school was around, it was all perfect.

"Missa?"

I turned around to see who was calling me, but saw no one in the street who seemed to be paying attention to me. I was leaving when a hand landed on my shoulder, making me jump out of fear.

"Sorry, sorry!" A deep voice said. I lifted my eyes and met a bright smile and two light honey pupils.

"Wilson!" I almost shouted. It was our second encounter, and my reaction was still the same.

"It's been a while! How have you been?"

We didn't meet after last time, and I never called or texted. To tell the truth, it completely slipped off my mind.

"Pretty good, I must say! And you?"

"Fine, fine! Could you sort things out with your husband last time?"