40

* very important question in the authors note :) please let me know, enjoy the chapter!
remi

"Last day of antibiotics, woohoo!" I celebrate as Harry takes his final pill. Harry has basically made a full recovery just in time for the final show on Long Island.

"I've never seen someone so excited to watch someone else finish their antibiotics." Harry laughs at me.

"I've been nursing you back to health so this is basically an accomplishment on my part." I explain as I take a sip of an ice cold glass of Dr.Pepper. Harry was kind enough to have his fridge stocked with Dr.Peppers because he knew it is my favorite drink. It really is the little things that make me fall more and more in love with him.

"Having a sexy nurse helped to speed up my recovery." He jokes and squeezes my thigh.

"So funny." I mockingly laugh at his joke.

"I know I am." Harry leans over me and instantly presses his lips to mine. Harry and I haven't had a solid kiss since he's gotten sick so he's quick to dip his tongue into my mouth and I hum in satisfaction. There is nothing better in the world than a kiss from Harry.

"We have to go to the airport." I mumble into the kiss which is slowly getting deeper and deeper.

"I wanna stay here like this." Harry says as he pulls back then connects our lips again.

"But I also know that you want to be back on the stage, so let's go!"

I urge him up and he groans in protest but I know he is secretly very excited to head to Long Island. We are taking a private jet, which immediately made me donate money to a climate change organization, because the show is tonight and we have to get there as fast as possible. We stayed home as long as possible to allow Harry as much rest as he needed. It's 8am and our flight leaves at 10am so we really have to get a move on.

We do our daily getting ready routine of showering together, brushing our teeth, fixing our hair to look reasonable enough to go out, and then getting dressed.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," Harry begins and of course that sentence causes my anxiety to raise.

"It's good news, baby," Harry says as he realizes that the sentence he just said scared me. "Jeff was able to get me out of the PR relationship, so no more worries about it."

I feel the weight of the dark truth that I have been forced to sit with since the Pittsburgh show being lifted off of me as the seconds pass.

"W-what? How?" I say still stunned as I turn towards Harry who is zipping up his luggage. He pauses his motion and comes towards me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I bought myself out of the contract. No amount of traction on the movie or money I'd make is worth losing you or putting tension on our relationship. You are way too important."

His words practically bring tears to my eyes. I'm so lucky to have found someone who loves me so much and chooses me over something that seems like it couldn't be passed up.

"I really love you." I whisper before launching myself into his arms and giving him the tightest hug.

"I love you forever, my sweet girl." He kisses the top of my head and allows me the moment to just hold him close.