Coming back home

A\N: This is much fluffier than The last chance because  my mind is blank and I'm in the mood for a short, fluffy and romantic Willicia oneshot.

 In this one, Will survived the shooting that almost took his life and married Alicia not long after he got out of hospital and Alicia FINALLY divorced Peter.

Enjoy this Willicia oneshot, Angels.

TGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGW

The metal of the two rings on her left ring finger bite into her as she leans against her husband's office door frame. It's been a year since the shooting in the court room that almost took her husband's life and ever since then whenever she sees him, she's eternally grateful that he had enough fight in him to hold on.  Even though he survived,  there were some moments where they weren't sure if he'd pull through. She wasn't religious like Grace was but whenever she was alone, she would send up prayers, praying to whoever was listening to make sure he'd make it.  She remembers when she saw him laying in the hospital bed for the first time after the surgery he had: it had scared her to see one of the most strongest men she'd ever known look so weak. 

Flashback:

She can't make her feet walk into his room. She's stuck in the doorway, her eyes glued  to the thick bandage around his neck. The doctors told them: her, Diane, Cary and Kalinda that even though he had made it through the surgery, he still had one hell of a fight ahead of him. She feels the tears she's held back all day start to crawl down her face as she walks into his room, her heels clicking loudly on the floor as she comes to sit next to him, taking her hand in his, squeezing it softly. 

"Oh, Will." She sighs, looking at his face. Despite the surgery, his face isn't the colour it usually is, he's still got a grey tint to his features. "Please pull through this." She whispers as her fingers run through his hair. She smiles when she remembers how much he loved it when she ran her fingers through his hair. Will doesn't stir when she runs her fingers through his hair like he usually would if he was asleep. Alicia can't take her eyes off of Will, she's scared that if she does, he'll die right in front of her and despite the war the two of them are in, she knows she wouldn't be able handle it  if he left her life forever, even though she's at war with the man who has made her so happy,  he's still in her life and she's grateful that he is. "When you wake up, I'm ending this war between us and me and Cary are returning home, back to Lockhart/Gardner where we belong, then as soon as you're strong enough, you're going home and I'm coming with you and taking care of you, like you've always taken care of me. It's your turn to be taken care of, no objections, Mr Gardner."  

Will has spent the last 20 years taking care of her from Law School, to her wedding day, to the phone calls they traded back and forth over the years, visiting her in the hospital when  she had  Zach and Grace, to the long phone calls when Peter's scandals first broke the news, to offering her and the kids his apartment until they found something of their own, which she declined, to helping out with the kids when she needed it, to hiring her at his firm, taking her in when everyone shut her out just because of who her husband is, to picking her up when she fell, to listening to her rants about Peter and the media and the clients who weren't happy to have her on their cases, to loving her when she needed to be loved, to be her friend when she needed a friend, to push her when she needed to be pushed, to rein her back in when she was too out of control, to pull her out of the hole she was going too far into when she needed to be pulled out of it. For the last 20 years he's been taking care of him without a care in the world. Now it's her turn to take care of him. 

No matter how much he objects. 

She comes out of the flashback with a sad smile at the thought of losing her husband to a bullet to his neck,  meeting her husband's eyes. "Leesh, you okay?" He asks as he stands up from his desk, the light from his laptop catching the band on his left ring finger. She enters his office, looking around it as if she's seeing it all for the first time and it feels like... coming home again.