Chapter Two: Brawl

"IT'S THEM!" "GET THEM!" Two synchronous voices yelled. Drake was up in a flash, and Gaia a second later. A flying boulder missed them by inches. Morning light illuminated just enough for Drake to make out the figures of Sam and Caine. His whip-hand twitched with annoyance.

"You're going to kill your daughter?" Drake overheard Sam say, "You can back-out if you want to."

"That thing is not my daughter," Caine grunted as he aimlessly flung a log. "It's the Gaiaphage."

Drake glanced towards Gaia and saw a slight change on her face, hurt. She was hurt, the mighty goddess had been hurt with words. He had the desire to slap some fear onto her face as well, but figured it wouldn't be an appropriate time.

The sun rose a little higher, making Sam and Caine more visible. Gaia fired a blast of light followed by a whirlwind of rock and debris from Dekka's power. Caine used his own to hold off the onslaught of foliage, and Sam dodged and counterattacked with his own light. It seemed, though, that when she used his powers it made him more tired as well. How long were they going to hold up? 'Hopefully not for long.' Drake thought.

Gaia became distracted by Sammy and didn't notice Caine running to circle them. Drake grinned with anticipation at getting back at Caine, and made his own mad dash towards him.

When Caine grew closer to Gaia, he stopped. His moral clock was ticking... tik, tok, tik, tok, as he tried to make a decision. Drake brought his whip-hand high and struck, then wrapping it around Caine's leg and dragging him closer. His eyes glinted maliciously and his heart was pounding. He had just gotten his prey.

Suddenly, Gaia tripped- she wasn't used to the human body still. Sam's light grazed her side and she shouted, "Drake! Help!" He released Caine, although annoyed, and shielded Gaia from Sam's light. But Caine raised his hand and stopped his twin from attacking. He'd noticed something.

"You two have been fucking?!?" Cainen didn't know if she should be protecting his daughter from his ex-henchman or trying to kill her. "What the fuck Drake?!?"

He smirked, just a little. "You don't like that, Caine? I mean what did you expect, you didn't stick around to raise your daughter and she turned out to be a whore."

"She's three days old!" He retorted, "And that's not my daughter!" He balled his fist and muttered under his breath, "I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill him first."

"For not being your daughter you sure care a lot," Drake grinned, knowing he was triggering Caine more and more. "I thought we were the enemy and you were the hero's coming to save the day-" He scoffed, "Not like you would've won, anyway."

Caine took a deep breath, "You're sick, sick. She might as well be an infant."

"Relax, big man, we didn't go all the way." Drake knew that would send him over the edge. Caine sat down on the pine needles.

"Just kill me."

----------------------------------------

511 Words. Real short chapter but thought I should release something. :)