Chapter Three: Thorns and Roses

He wasn't used to pure surrender. Usually they would put up a fight. But Caine just seemed so, so defeated. It was pathetic. Drake wasn't sure whether to kill him or not. He enjoyed knowing that Caine was miserable, and he enjoyed knowing that Sam would soon be in the same defeated state, and faster now with Caine down. So maybe he should just let that simmer a bit.

"Come on Gaia," Drake grinned, "They've already been defeated." Sam had escaped and Caine was done. Gaia glanced around, but then followed him back into the heart of the woods.

Okay the rest of Light-Hero is going to be the same. The Rockborn Gang doesn't end the world and chooses to continue life. The world adapts and becomes semi-stable despite being an AI simulation. The next part will begin with Drake in the acid vat in the bottom of the Mariana Trench 200 years later.

Drake was free. Free! This was the longest he'd ever had to wait. It had taken a hundred years for the container to break and send the acid into the ocean, another forty just to reassemble himself from nothing, and sixty more to swim across the vast ocean aimlessly until he reached the shore of the United States.

He landed in California, ironically very close to Perdido Beach. His life purpose of killing Astrid was long gone, because, well, she was long gone. Sam and Astrid didn't have any children either, mostly because they had to recover from their own trauma. So that left him with nobody to hunt.

He stole some clothes (and was unhappy to find there was nobody in the home he could kill). Drake had one last trick up his sleeve, but it was a long shot.

Drake Merwin took a nice trip back to where the FAYZ all began. The world had changed so much, from flying cars to skyscraper towers. When there was no more ASO rock left, and all the people died from old age or otherwise, the world reverted back to its natural path if the powers had never occurred. They had become fables.

And Drake, even with such a renowned past, was no more than a distant fantasy memory.

He came to the entrance of the cave mouth, and began to dig. It took him two months to dig through the rubble (it became a little faster when he stole a bulldozer).

And finally, he was reuniting with his predator at long last. They would be unstoppable.

"I knew you would come back," The voice echoed through his mind, "The two of us will never die."

------------------------------------------------

Alright y'all thanks for reading this!!! I'm gonna cap it here and let your imagination do the rest. :)