Chapter 47. Poison??

Arabella's POV:

I became upset as I left Iris. I had no wish to be sent home. Yet I couldn't bear the thought of harm on Iris. Goodness. I felt a headache. It had been quite some time since I hast had one.

"Bel?" Daisy noticed. "What's happening? Where is Iris?"

"The bitch has her," I felt tears welling up. "I don't wish to go in to Maths. I can not focus."

"I shall go and inform you are feeling stressed," said Daisy hugging me. "Farewell for now!"

I nodded as she entered the classroom. I remained standing there, shaking with fear.

"Bella?"

I glanced over to see Alice going to me. She appeared frightened.

"Yes?" I gazed at her.

"Please, come with me this moment," said Alice. "Iris's in danger!"

"Pardon?" I did not wish to believe that.

"Are you listening to me." Alice got my hand. "Come with me."

I was left with no option but to walk with her.

"What's happening?" I asked sensing an ache in my heart.

"Hush," hissed Alice when we neared the office.

I nodded and kept my mouth shut. Alice glanced through a small window in the door. I held my breath upon hearing screams and sobs. However I couldn't hear her words.

"What's happening?" I murmured.

"She is being poisoned." Murmured Alice. "She has never done that to her first victims."

"What in god's name is this bloody nonsense?" I hissed.

"She's been drugged, dear," murmured Alice softly.

"Ring the bloody police!" I felt upset.

Alice nodded and hurried away. I slowly eased the door open.

"Arabella's not present," snarled the head mistress. "Be quiet or I'll shut your mouth."

Had Iris cried out for me? I saw Lopez clutching a cup filled with something that gave the smell of alcohol. That's rather bad. When would be the moment for me to do my plan? I saw Lopez pouring the liquid into Iris's mouth. Now is the time.

"How bloody dare you, bitch," I shouted while running in.

"Ah ah ah," snarled Lopez turning towards me. "You've come to see your princess get her just desserts!"

I spotted Iris, stretched out, half awake. Her breathing was bad. What could that bitch have done?

"What have you done to her you little woman?" I snarled.

Lopez grinned. "Oh just what she needed."

"You've murdered her!" I snarled.

"I didn't murder her," scoffed Lopez. "But perhaps this shall serve as a lesson for her."

I heard talking outside of the room. Are those the police? I hope those are the police.

"She's in this room," said Alice's feeble voice.

She'd clearly been weeping. I too was on the brink of tears at this moment.

"How bloody dare you harm Iris!" I snarled.

"She caused it," sneered Lopez.

I found myself in rage, causing everything to shrink. It felt like I stood alone in a battle with Lopez. 

"You are under the arrest Lady."

We turned and noticed a constable in the door. He had a stun gun. I took a few steps back, remembering that day. The constable smirked at me. "No need to fret, madam. We won't carry it out of you."

I exhaled with relief. The constable looked towards Lopez. "Exit with your hands up or I'll take action."

I hurried to the bed where Iris was. I blocked the Constable and Lopez out as i sat on the edge of the bed, clasping my partner's hand. "Ira, darling? Please, just hold on for me."

I could sense her strength going. Then the words that escaped her lips had no notice to her usual self.

"Bela," she sounded tipsy. "Help! Please!"

"Oh my," I panicked as she lay there lifeless. "No please no!"

Alice entered and held me. "Allow me to get her pulse."

I handed Iris's hand over. Alice gently checked her pulse. "It's still there," she said. "however It's rather feeble."

I tried to remain composure. I must.

***

A/N:

Hello. You now know Arabella's Perspective.

The next chapter will also be in her POV.

Kitty out.