34: Forgiven

CHAPTER 34

Forgiven

PRINCE POV's

"Are you going to the event?" Dad asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah. I just need to finish what I'm doing," I said softly.

Today is the SB charity event, but here I am in the office, working. I informed Scarlet about it. I have an investor to meet after this.

Dad sighed deeply. "Son, thank you for doing your best for this company. You'll be a great CEO of Cortes Haven Realty. You proved your change in front of the board of directors yesterday," he said, applauding as he spoke.

I smiled. "Thanks, Dad. I made mistakes in our company before, so I want to make amends and change everything. Kagaya ng bagong pangalan ng kompanya." I chuckled softly, remembering what happened yesterday.

He laughed lightly. "You're right, change is necessary." He stood up. "When do you plan to marry Scarlet?"

I choked on his sudden question, and cleared my throat. "Binyag at birthday ng mga bata ang uunahin namin." I managed to say.

He raised an eyebrow. "That's difficult. Maybe you should talk to Mr. Chairman Imperial. Eros, I know you're afraid of him. But don't be. Tell him what's inside your heart. I know you're sincere. Prove it to their family, especially to her" he said calmly and seriously.

I was about to speak, but he interrupted me. "You're a Cortes, you can do anything. Trust yourself. Do you know that no one in our family is weak?" he said with a grin.

I nodded slowly. "I know, Dad. I'm just looking for the right time to talk to her grandfather" I admitted.

"It's up to you now. After all, you're already grown up, so you can make decisions. I talked to Lee earlier, and it seems he's no longer mad at you."

"I thought about that too. But he's still insisting on Scarlet marrying into the Villaflor family," I insisted.

He chuckled. "You can't blame him." He tapped my shoulder. "I'm leaving now, I'll attend Scarlet's charity event. Okay, bye." tumango lang ako sa paalam niya.

I took a deep breath before continuing my work. Dad's right. I need to talk to Chairman Imperial. Gusto ko siyang kausapin, ng personal. Kaya kinausap ko si Scarlet kagabi at tutulungan niya akong kausapin ang lolo niya.

After a few minutes of working on the blueprint, I stood up and organized the papers I would bring to the meeting with the new investor. I checked my watch, and it was already 1 PM. I hope Scarlet won't be mad at me.

On Valentine's Day, I gave her a simple gift, and I saw that she liked it. Despite the changes she has gone through, she still appreciates the simple things.
I remember back in high school, I always saw her smiling whenever someone gave her a gift or something. She cherished her gifts.

Yesterday, while she was not at home, I couldn't help but enter her room. I saw the box I made for her. It's a jewelry box filled with diamonds and pearls. But she doesn't wear them. Inside it is the first photo of the two of us.

It means she still hasn't forgotten me. I want to marry her, but I won't rush her. I want her to fully forgive me.

"Sir, someone is waiting for you in the lounge," my assistant greeted me as I walked out of the office.

I quickly nodded and went there. I saw a woman sitting on the couch. I cleared my throat before speaking. "How may I help you?" I asked softly.

"Hey, Mr. Cortes!" my eyes widened at the sight. "Don't you recognize me?" she chuckled softly.