PROLOGUE: The Day That My Hero Saved Me...

November 11, 2023

 My name is [Y/N], and I moved from [home town] of [home state, home country] to Atlanta, Georgia in the United States. Want to know why? Well recently, I landed my dream job as a music video editor at SM Entertainment! Yes, you heard that right, at one of the biggest K-pop companies in the world! Joining the ranks of Hybe, JYP, and YG, SM Entertainment is part of the renowned big four companies in the K-pop industry. And another thing on top of that? My favorite boy band of all time is NCT, and I am over the moon to be working for the company that manages them. In fact, my ultimate goal is to create some stunning videos for this incredible group someday!

It took me some time to get used to my new environment, but eventually, I made friends who shared my interest in K-pop music. Some of them even suggested new groups that I haven't had the chance to explore yet! 

I was with my new friends at the Sunset Cafe, which had a warm and welcoming ambiance, making us feel at home. We decided to grab some coffee and sat in a cozy booth, enjoying the beautiful view of the city from the window. We spent our time chatting and laughing while sipping our coffee, which made our day better. "Hey, have you guys heard Chill Kill yet?" one of my friends asked. Her name was Jayden, and she was an athletic girl who loved to wear masculine clothing. Her hair was dyed purple and styled in short dreadlocks, while her eyes were hazel brown. "Oh, yeah, I did! You know I'm a sucker for people using the drill music concept." I say with a smile. My other friend replied to that. "True, so [Y/N], anything new from your favorite band?" His name was Rye, and he had a liking for crop-tops and baggy jeans. Rye had long, curly hair that he often tied back in a ponytail. His skin was lighter than Jayden's, and his eyes were blue. "Oh no, not yet, but I still do put the ISTJ music video on loop though." I say, sipping my caramel macchiato. "Me too, bestie. Especially with some of the fashion, they look so amazing! Ugh, I swear to god, man, I'm gonna become a closet thief at this point, y'all." He joked. "Oh yeah, definitely, but I'm sure the reason [Y/N] puts the song on loop is because of their Canadian dream-boat, no pun or reference intended."
       I knew exactly who Jayden was referring to, even though I admire all the members of NCT for their immense talent and unique style or personality. Mark Lee always stood out to me and caught my attention. He was a lyrical genius who excelled at rap. Whenever he sang, my heart would flutter, and I would always have a smile on my face. Playing his solo track "Child" would immediately prove just how talented he was! I blushed out of embarrassment. "Hey, don't refer to Mark as that!" I say while hiding my face. "You know it's true, buddy." Jayden smirked playfully. "[Y/N] and Mark Lee sittin' in a tree..." Rye added on to the teasing. I roll my eyes, trying to hide the fact that I was about to laugh. "You both are so damn childish sometimes..." Jayden and Rye laugh. "You know NCT 127's actually about to have a concert here for their world tour." Rye says. "Oh shit! For real?" I jolt up. "Yeah, Jayden's buying us some backstage passes." Rye elbows Jayden in a friendly manner. "Say 'sike' right now," I say excitedly. "Nah, it's true," Jayden then winked while giving finger guns. "I did get some tickets and backstage passes for the concert." I was screaming loudly on the inside, my mind was reeling and my heart went faster than the speed of light! I knew I had to be very chill and casual about this, but I'm seeing my favorite boy band  perform live!!! That's like a dream come true, bro!! "Jayden, I could actually hug you right now.." I say as Jayden chuckled. "Maybe later, [Y/N]" She then says. I took out my phone and pressed the home button. As the screen lit up, I saw that it was 8:10 PM. "Oh, shoot! Guys, I have to head back home now. SM Entertainment probably sent the footage for me to edit the music video." I grab my cup of coffee and leave the booth but before I headed out of the cafe, I turn around. "Remember to remind me constantly about the concert, okay? Just so I don't forget!" Both Rye and Jayden gave me a thumbs-up before I left, walking through the city to head home.