1.

10:15 PM

The bass thudded through brick walls of the hole in the wall club Absentia Maroon or Maroons as the locals called it. The building itself was an old storage unit, that was bought and repurposed for the Capitol citizens. Absentia Maroon sat on the edge of "rougher" part of the Capitol a charm that Lucy Gray found endearing. It truly reminded her of a smaller version of the Hob. Coriolanus found it dangerous and disgusting. He only stepped foot in there in the nights Lucy Gray performed. And to collect the weekly deposit on Monday's. It was one of the hottest night clubs in the Capitol, with live music four nights a week played only by the Lucy Gray Baird and the Covey.

While the last song of the night was performed, smoke filled the dance floor as drinks poured, body's danced, and time flew. Nothing was left to the imagination in the dingy atmosphere. Something the Covey learned quickly was that the Capitol played by very different rules than the district. Most of them had never performed in that setting in general, it was their parents, so to experience it after one of their own was granted passage and inter district travel was jarring. Capitol citizens spared no expense for spectacles and parties.two things Absentia Maroon and Hunger Games had in common.

Soft breathing breathing filled one of the dimly lit dressing rooms in the back of the house. Lucy Gray heard the last verse start and pulled her hands up to push her boyfriend's bare chest back. "Alright Coriolanus, time to wrap it up." She tapped his shoulder and slid from under him. Coriolanus sat up to his knees on the hard couch, a soft pout washed over his face as he adjusted his pants and pulled his belt from under her vest.

"We haven't finished," he whined, an ache growing at his waist, that throbbed for attention. "I can't keep doing this if we never finish," Coriolanus griped. Lucy Gray watched him tuck his red polka dotted white shirt into his light gray pants through the mirror as she fixed her lipstick.

"I've told you once and I'll tell you again, I'm not ready for that. And if you keep pestering me, I'll make you wait longer than my birthday," she whipped back. Coriolanus took the shot like gin and slithered his way behind her, wrapping his arms around her tiny body. Gently, he nestled his head in her neck, close enough that his hot breath warmed her skin. His lips only mere inches away from her skin sent shivers down her spine.

"Stop it now, I've gotta get camera ready and you've got to get out of here." Lucy Gray finished up her makeup and started to move from Coriolanus' strong grip only to be spun around. He enjoyed that she was smaller than him, it made it easier for him to show her who was in charge.

"Not... yet," he drew out, dropping his lips to hers, his hands tight against her hips, thrusting into her. Lucy Gray had no choice but to give in and wrap her arms around his neck careful not to drop her eyeliner. She found herself backing up and hopping up to sit in the counter top, Coriolanus standing between her legs. A quiet moan left her lips, scaring the girl, forcing her to push off of him and straighten out her clothes. She had always done her best to suppress any signs that what he was doing brought genuine pleasure. She wanted to wait, like she had promised Maude Ivory.

To others virginity meant little to nothing. To Lucy Gray, it was the fault line between childhood and adulthood. And while some would say going into an arena to fight to the death wasn't very childlike, she had no choice in that. With this, she had all control and wasn't going to let the Capitol or any of its citizens strip that way too. "Get out of here before Dr. Gaul finds out you're out late on a school night," she taunted, hitting the lights up as to not draw suspicion when her cousins came back from the stage.

"That's not happening. I gotta make sure my girl gets home safe." Coriolanus took a seat in the corner chair where his matching red suit jacket laid. He grabbed the finger and half that was left in his glass and sipped on it. Lucy Gray smirked as her bartender and stage hand, Johnny "Blue" Berhnsnap, barged in, tripping over the carpet. He wasn't Covey by any means, but they wanted him to feel included since his life tangled together six out of the seven days a week for hours in end. And to them that was close enough to family.