Continued.

1:21 PM

Monday had dawned. Coriolanus had his first meeting with the senior class of the Academy. On the board he wrote mentors in white chalk then wiped his hands together. Coriolanus turned around to see the students sitting on the white benches he had just left only a semester ago. "What is a mentor and why did we fail last year?" Coriolanus asked. Sheepish looks were tossed between the students. "It's okay. You can tell me. We are looking for improvement," he approved. Hyacinth Ansilonia raised her hand. Her brown skin and long, wavy, black hair caught the light just right. "Yes, Ms. Ansilonia."

"I think it's because it wasn't taken seriously," she candidly spoke. Coriolanus dropped his head a soft smirk on his face. "I noticed that the idea of the prize got in the way of the reason we were taught that mentors were brought in. The tributes made a spectacle of you all more then vice versa. Aside from you, obviously," she elaborated. Coriolanus nodded and looked up to the class. The fear in their eyes made the apprentice chuckle.

"Hyacinth, you are absolutely right. The reason we failed was hubris. We forgot that a spectacle is only as strong as its presenter," he started. The lecture consisted of three points of a strong mentor. One of which was a failure that he experienced. Personal connection.

"So, are you saying we shouldn't have a relationship with our tributes?" Gorsloan Reithers asked. Coriolanus shrugged.

"I can't tell you what to do with your personal relationships. But, I can tell you that when it comes time to sit behind the screen during the games, you have to think about how well you'll be able to mentor when you're tributes is done and it's time for a mercy kill. Could you pull the trigger, if you had to. Could you send your tribute to the wolves if it meant they wouldn't suffer any longer?" Coriolanus reversed, thinking about Jessup. Gorsloan chuckled, tapping his buddies arm.

"Does it matter? If their dead, their dead." He nonchalantly shrugged. Coriolanus folded his arms and started to pace back and forth.

"It's thinking like that, that got Arachne Crane killed. Counting your tribute dead before they get into the arena wouldn't have put me in front of you. Learn from my classmates mistakes. The tributes are people. The games are boring if we don't care what happens to them." Gorsloan swallowed back and dropped his face. Coriolanus stopped and continued with his lecture. He couldn't make the students care, but he had 24 spots and 32 students. They would count themselves out in time.

Lucy Gray sat against the bar, signing some autograph photos for the Wednesday night flyers. During the week, they had specials and themes, but to keep the appeal they announced the Wednesday evening on Tuesday. It kept the citizens on their feet. This week the theme was Burlesque. So Coriolanus, begrudgingly, set up a photoshoot for Lucy Gray and Barb Azure for her flyers. Tam Amber was there but he was shot more as a security bouncer. This was one of the only performances where the kids would not be joining them. The adults agreed that the exposure risk was way too high. "Hey, I'm short a bartender tonight. Is it cool if I call my sister to help?" Johnny asked. Lucy Gray shrugged her shoulders. She was tired of signing and truly didn't mind.

"So long as she can pour a drink, I'm fine with it," she agreed. Johnny dropped the towel on the countertop. A huge smile came to his lips.

"Great. I'll call her later," the sound of the service door bell ran out behind him. "I'm going to bring in the liquor. Yo! Tam Amber help me out?" He called. Lucy Gray ignored both of them, and continued to sign. While the men were distracted, an unknown body slipped in behind them. They walked straight into the main section of the club and looked around a devious smirk came to their face as they saw Lucy Gray alone.